The 2016 NFL Draft Thread

lichtie23

The Tennessee Titans have the number 1 overall pick for the 2016 NFL draft that is being held at the Auditorium Theatre in Chicago from April 28th to the 30th.

This years draft see's some forfeited picks. New England forfeited its first-round selection as the punishment for the team's Deflategate scandal. The team will also forfeit a 2017 fourth-round selection. Los Angeles forfeited their fifth-round selection after selecting offensive tackle Isaiah Battle in the 2015 Supplemental draft. Atlanta forfeited their fifth-round selection as punishment for piping artificial crowd noise into the Georgia Dome during the 2013 and 2014 seasons.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't watch too much college football other than catching some of the bowl matches over Christmas and New Year, so I'm largely clueless when it comes to the draft. Mike Mayock has posted his first listing of how he ranks players by position.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000635418/article/mike-mayocks-2016-nfl-draft-position-rankings?sf20694830=1

Joey Bosa is a beast off the edge. Would love to see him have a good combine and go top 3.

The QB class is pretty poor. I'd have Connor Cook as my number 1 tho

Cook was trashed by his teammates at the Senior Bowl, not the kind of guy you want as your leader apparently which will hurt his stock.

Would love to see 9ers draft Goff as he really impressed when I saw him against Stanford and Arizona in November but now we have Kelly as hc I suspect we will draft a wide receiver for Kap to over throw/miss when wide open next season or try and get in some help for the offensive line.

I saw a mock draft with us taking Cook. Either through the draft, free agency or something we badly need to address the QB issue properly this year.

RG3 is only a phone call away.

Think the Skins will draft the BPA on defence when they do at 21. If that BPA is the same as the recognised BPA is a different matter. GMSM :wub:

I'm normally anti stupid trade ups, but I hope the Rams go hard for Goff. We are a QB away and the window is already closing with a few of our young defensive stars hitting FA this year, and even more next year. Time to go hard or go home.

• 2 weeks later...

Those who watch College ball. What's the thoughts on Leremy Tunsil?

I'm not convinced taking another Tackle 2 years after we took one top 10 is the way to go. Is he a "can't miss" type of player? But I understand we need to keep MM upright and our best recent spell in Nashville came when we had Stewart and Roos as bookends.

I just feel the #1 pick should be a skill position player and from what I've read there doesn't seem to be one this year.

Have to hope a QB needy team falls in love with someone at the combine and wants to trade up. I like what our new GM is saying and hope he makes the right call.

I'm not convinced taking another Tackle 2 years after we took one top 10 is the way to go. Is he a "can't miss" type of player? But I understand we need to keep MM upright and our best recent spell in Nashville came when we had Stewart and Roos as bookends.

I just feel the #1 pick should be a skill position player and from what I've read there doesn't seem to be one this year.

Have to hope a QB needy team falls in love with someone at the combine and wants to trade up. I like what our new GM is saying and hope he makes the right call.

Yeah it's unfortunate. The colts found themselves in the same position the last time we had the No 1 overall pick. :lol:

It's a good year for defense. Can't comment on OL play but Tunsil is rarely the best player on an analysts draft board and the recent history of LT's in the top 5 is not good. You struck gold with Lewan and moving him to RT (which is being suggested) would be messing with something for no reason IMO.

Archived