General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

2 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

No, she said that Thanet South was a leafy suburb and frankly, I can't find any economic figures for Thanet South since it's a constituency, not a council. Thanet may well be a Kentish shithole but she was talking about Thanet South.

Jesus shitting Christ

No, she said that Thanet South was a leafy suburb and frankly, I can't find any economic figures for Thanet South since it's a constituency, not a council. Thanet may well be a Kentish shithole but she was talking about Thanet South.

The constituency includes areas such Cliftonville which was ranked 4th worst area for social deprivation in England & Wales.

Michael Gove: "Members of the Scottish National Party should not be selective in their championing of those suffering poverty. We should all agree, however, that foreign nationals are different - f**k them."

Gove may be a slimy toad but Black has made a twat of herself here.

You think she would have checked her facts first before spouting such arrant nonsense.

Gove may be a slimy toad but Black has made a twat of herself here.

You think she would have checked her facts first before spouting such arrant nonsense.

She hasn't got a f*ckin clue, the same patronising, ignorant arrogance, that 'we' accuse English politicians of!

10 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

TBF, all of Kent/Medway is fucking horrific. 

And the noise the people make down there when trying to speak, shudder.

True that !

That part of the world is fucking dire. It is a dumping ground for the dregs of society.

This is what I hate about Nationalists. Their instinct is division and exclusivity. Poverty is poverty, same as deprivation and wherever it rears it's ugly head it deserves solidarity . This Fasctionalistic attitude from the SNP sickens me.

51 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

True that !

That part of the world is fucking dire. It is a dumping ground for the dregs of society.

This is what I hate about Nationalists. Their instinct is division and exclusivity. Poverty is poverty, same as deprivation and wherever it rears it's ugly head it deserves solidarity . This Fasctionalistic attitude from the SNP sickens me.

Says the perma-separatist UK nationalist who fosters division and exclusivity with regard to the UK nation state. But you probably posted just to have this pointed out (again). I'm starting to wonder if you're an even shitter false flagger than Dugdale usually appears.

The old cliche of "never say never" has certainly been proven valid in Western politics in the last 12 months.

I wonder how many folk on here could have predicted Brexit (and the concurrent legitimisation of xenophobia), Trump's victory (and the concurrent legitimisation of racism, sexism, mysoginy and xenophobia) and the surge in popular support that is evident in the political contests in Austria and France amongst others.

As someone born 10 years after WWII ended and whose childhood was understandably influenced by adults who had lived through that conflict, the idea of France possibly electing a candidate of the far right as President has me both perplexed and deeply saddened.

19 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The old cliche of "never say never" has certainly been proven valid in Western politics in the last 12 months.

I wonder how many folk on here could have predicted Brexit (and the concurrent legitimisation of xenophobia), Trump's victory (and the concurrent legitimisation of racism, sexism, mysoginy and xenophobia) and the surge in popular support that is evident in the political contests in Austria and France amongst others.

As someone born 10 years after WWII ended and whose childhood was understandably influenced by adults who had lived through that conflict, the idea of France possibly electing a candidate of the far right as President has me both perplexed and deeply saddened.

Fear not FN will not win in France Yay!!

Because Francois Fillon of LR is almost as far right as Le Pen  Booo!

20 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The thing is, even if France and Austria don't elect far right candidates, the fact that it's not only conceivable, but likely to be a close-run thing, is cause for concern. Even if the Austrian and French neo-Nazi parties lose, their coming close to power demonstrates that significant numbers of angry people are subscribing to their beliefs. Next will come legitimisation. 

24 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I predicted all of these things tbh.

In fact, I think there's a video somewhere on youtube that was posted just before the Scottish Referendum vote which pretty much predicted everything that has happened thus far.

I predicted trump, and was ridiculed by many on here. Who's the idiot now.  Wings over Scotland predicted all of it, was right about everything thats happened and made these predictions ages ago.

Mcternan was comically wrong about everything. 

Edited by Peppino Impastato

44 minutes ago, Sooky said:

The independent/green candidate has beaten the far-right Hofer in Austria. Again.

Hopefully the Trump win has jolted people back to rational choices. Looking for more of the same in Italy.

Renzi has called a press conference for an hour after the polls close. Rumour seems to be that it's not even that close and No are running away with it.

Resignation?

Remember when yoons claimed Indyref1 question was all too confusing for us daft scotch.   

The Italian referendum question:   "Do you approve the text of the constitutional law regarding 'provisions to overcome equal bicameralism, reducing the number of MPs, the containment of operating costs of the institutions, the elimination of the CNEL and the revision of Title V of Part II of the Constitution' approved by Parliament and published in the Official Gazette no. 88 of 15 April 2016?"

Remember when yoons claimed Indyref1 question was all too confusing for us daft scotch.   

The Italian referendum question:   "Do you approve the text of the constitutional law regarding 'provisions to overcome equal bicameralism, reducing the number of MPs, the containment of operating costs of the institutions, the elimination of the CNEL and the revision of Title V of Part II of the Constitution' approved by Parliament and published in the Official Gazette no. 88 of 15 April 2016?"

IMG_1480888973.701469.thumb.jpg.daa2387f

Do you circle your choice, cross out the one you don't, or colour in the letters of the box you want...?

Anyways, not good for Renzi!

First exit poll extremely negative for PM Renzi: YES 41-45%, NO 55-59% ***
#Referendum