General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

11 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Oh, there's a type? Didn't know that. Care to expand? Can you see any dangers in going down that road?

Of course there’s a type. Here are some more examples for you. I can’t believe you didn’t realise there was a “type”, as you say. 

B41905DF-7CFE-48EB-8C45-73D21196894D.jpeg

E627AF21-31E9-4983-9AD4-ED0BCABC9DE0.jpeg

None. What she did was stupid and irresponsible but not wilful, unless you know otherwise.

What? She had a highly contagious virus, she knew she had it, then she got on a train. How is they not wilfully endangering people?

14 minutes ago, Lex said:

What? She had a highly contagious virus, she knew she had it, then she got on a train. How is they not wilfully endangering people?

Well she's certainly hit the headlines. The news that the EU has launched a legal action against the UK Govt has been relegated to about the 4th item on Sky News. Don't know about the BBC - I try not to watch them.

3 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Oaft, just need Kincy back on and we've got pretty much every empty headed British nationalist left in the thread.

Sorry to let you down, M9, but I'm in the process of refurbishing my flat and my Kiwi 'friend' (see previous posts) was giving me advice on seating and storage options.  I'd love to engage you here but for me, Thursday evening was mostly about Ottomans & Pouffes.

5 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
5 hours ago, Lex said:
This is the worst one yet. To get a positive test and then travel on the train is ridiculous levels of arrogance.

She should not only resign, there surely must be a police investigation. How many people has she willfully endangered?

None. What she did was stupid and irresponsible but not wilful, unless you know otherwise.

Not wilful? She knew she had a positive test result when she set off. Do you think she fell onto the train?

Imagine you'd been in the same carriage as her.

6 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'd love to engage you here but for me, Thursday evening was mostly about Ottomans & Pouffes.

No problem, I know how big a fan of failed empires you are.

She should have swapped places with the train driver and kept the cabin door shut.  At the end of the journey she gets off and he sanitises his cabin to use again himself.
Problem solved!

You do realise that she almost certainly doesn’t know how to drive a train, right?

1 hour ago, Elric said:

Blackford quick enough to call for Cummings to resign but now his miscreant MP has to consider her position and do the right thing. Expected nothing less of the cretin.

Do you honestly believe that there is a gap between these 2 statements? Cummings could have been sacked by the Conservative party but they doubled down on him. Ferrier can't be sacked from her seat by the SNP but has had the whip withdrawn and no longer sits as an SNP MP. But you know that of course. If Cummings had an ounce of decency he'd have chucked it.  If Ferrier has an ounce of decency, she'll chuck it. She will, hopefully, be charged for her stupidity. Don't let that stop you building a wee set of gallows though. 

46 minutes ago, Donathan said:

You do realise that she almost certainly doesn’t know how to drive a train, right?

Yeah, yeah and when I suggest Donald Trump's infected advisor should have swapped places with the pilot on Air Force One - well - they didn't like that idea either. 

9 minutes ago, HTG said:

Do you honestly believe that there is a gap between these 2 statements? Cummings could have been sacked by the Conservative party but they doubled down on him. Ferrier can't be sacked from her seat by the SNP but has had the whip withdrawn and no longer sits as an SNP MP. But you know that of course. If Cummings had an ounce of decency he'd have chucked it.  If Ferrier has an ounce of decency, she'll chuck it. She will, hopefully, be charged for her stupidity. Don't let that stop you building a wee set of gallows though. 

I agree in the main with your sentiments, but these are difficult and worrying times for many of us and I personally feel that she crossed a line knowing full well she was travelling south with symptoms and then to compound the issue she made a return journey on public transport knowing she was then diagnosed as positive.

As an SNP member I feel her behaviour in endangering the health of the travelling public places her position as untenable and if she does not resign she must be removed from the party and a BE called in her constituency.

3 hours ago, Elric said:

Blackford quick enough to call for Cummings to resign but now his miscreant MP has to consider her position and do the right thing. Expected nothing less of the cretin.

You don't know much about politics, do you?

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I agree in the main with your sentiments, but these are difficult and worrying times for many of us and I personally feel that she crossed a line knowing full well she was travelling south with symptoms and then to compound the issue she made a return journey on public transport knowing she was then diagnosed as positive.

As an SNP member I feel her behaviour in endangering the health of the travelling public places her position as untenable and if she does not resign she must be removed from the party and a BE called in her constituency.

She can be removed from the party, she cannot be forced out as an MP by the party.  Do you not know this?