General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

Are there actually any decent pro-Union posters that frequent this forum any more? The last two pages have summed it up fairly well; you get someone like Dunning putting forward a good post about today's budget, then get some pro-UK donkey like hehawhehaw spouting a load of shite.

I'm by no means saying one side of the spectrum is innocent here, but it seems like the pro-UK posters are just a load of trolls who can't really put forward a coherent argument or response. Certainly compared to 2014 this forum is fairly shite now.

Disappointed at the SNP's budget today.  I'm glad the Greens exerted some pressure but felt more could have been done to raise money for public services.  Aberdeen Council saying they need to cut £24million despite a rise in the Council Tax.  This is going to be replicated across Scotland.

Can someone please either delete John Mason's twitter account or take over it?

Any comment from the SNP 'Top Brass' on his Online musings?
It's this sort of stuff that might just get under the radar, but they (The SNP) don't realise the damage it does them.

Missed. what has he said/ done this time?

That the appalling and evil murders of 3 Scottish Soldiers (The Honeytrap killings, North Belfast 1972), 3 innocent young men lured to their lonely deaths, would be considered by some as the actions of 'Freedom Fighters'!

41 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Any comment from the SNP 'Top Brass' on his Online musings?
It's this sort of stuff that might just get under the radar, but they (The SNP) don't realise the damage it does them.

Oh aye, I'm sure they'll lose a lot of votes from the "PUL community" types.

Edited by Gordon EF

2 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

That the appalling and evil murders of 3 Scottish Soldiers (The Honeytrap killings, North Belfast 1972), 3 innocent young men lured to their lonely deaths, would be considered by some as the actions of 'Freedom Fighters'!

If this is the case it was a wrong thing to say. He should justifiably be censured.

13 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

I think his comments will eventually reach a much wider audience than that (hopefully I might add).

It was absolutely daft of Mason to respond to those types of folk and his comment was idiotic. Is it going to change they way anybody votes? Unlikely. The only folk who'll get frothing at the mouth about it are Rangers fans who never have and never will vote for the SNP or independence.

Edited by Gordon EF

He's not wrong is he? Some people (not me) do consider the IRA freedom fighters?

I don't see anything 'freedom like' in what they committed.
Read the tweet and decide on the context/ intention yourself?

Read the tweet. His true intentions are unclear. I feel he's simply saying "2 sides to every argument"

Clyde FC season ticket holder though so hang the cunt

Read the tweet. His true intentions are unclear. I feel he's simply saying "2 sides to every argument"

Clyde FC season ticket holder though so hang the cunt

I'm not sure there is 'two sides to an argument' in this particular case though. Don't know how old you are DM but I can remember as a young kid the visible shock of my parents when this story was reported. You kinda knew what was happening in NI through family over there, but it seemed a long long way from Glasgow. Though many horrors were committed in the coming years across the province, this one in particular sticks in my mind.