General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

I noticed an MP wearing a football shirt in the chamber during PMQs, taking the no tie thing to a new level.

Ah, you noticed the SNP MP stand up, flash the jersey, and make a fairly lengthy statement In support of the team in tonight's game?

Can't get fúck all past you, eh, Hawkeye?

Ah, you noticed the SNP MP stand up, flash the jersey, and make a fairly lengthy statement In support of the team in tonight's game?
Can't get fúck all past you, eh, Hawkeye?

Missed that bit, just saw her in the background in the five or so minutes I caught.

1 minute ago, Cerberus said:

Embarrassing, wha's like us behaviour.

No wonder Scots struggle to be taken seriously in England when we do stuff like that.

I don't think we should be too worried about being "taken seriously" in England, tbh. 

32 minutes ago, mjw said:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that photo.
Nothing at all.

26 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

It's a bit cringey.

10 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Pathetic. photo-thumb-62230.png

Why?

It's the day of the Scotland women's team's Euro 2017 opener and she had just returned from playing in a charity match at Westminster. Of all the bizarre things that happen in the HoC to get wound up about, this seems like one that should be pretty low down the list. 

Edited by DrewDon

Why?

It comes across as insecure. It doesn't scream 'come on Scotland tonight' more 'look at what I'm doing, drawing attention to myself.' I somehow doubt she would have done the same were we playing anyone but England tonight. If a Tory MP revealed an England top in Parliament I would find it equally as cringey.