General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

I don't know that it was that bad a result for Labour. I think their problem is they raised expectation with bold claims about all the councils they were apparently going to take, some of which have never been Labour or haven't been Labour since the 1970s. They had an Ok night as far as I can gather, it just looks worse I think due to the high expectations they inexplicably set themselves.

18 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Doesn’t Labour have 1467 councillors to the Conservatives 884 and a combined 1332 of every party that isn’t Labour atm?

Not a single Labour council has been found to have used cladding on high rise buildings though, it being a specifically Tory policy.

Or something like that...

3 hours ago, strichener said:

Not a single Labour council has been found to have used cladding on high rise buildings though, it being a specifically Tory policy.

This smells of bullshit. I have mates in a building near identical to Grenfell in Newham who have had their cladding replaced. 

11 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Solid backing for pro-Brexit parties though.

As much as it's a horrible nightmare the sizable majority of the  English want Brexit and to give the EU a damn good licking, 27 sore bottoms to one.

Labour is pro Brexit, the only anti Brexit party was the LDs. And local elections are usually local issues it normally older voters who still read the local paper and get their gussets in a twist about 20mph speed limits and the like who go out to vote in the locals. Whats more I will bet that barring a major shift in national polls the LDs will not do as well in a General Election as they do in the locals. 

16 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Solid backing for pro-Brexit parties though.

As much as it's a horrible nightmare the sizable majority of the  English want Brexit and to give the EU a damn good licking, 27 sore bottoms to one.

The English voted for their independence from the EU and foreigners in England voted against separation?  

The English need to go all the way and have a vote for independence from the UK.

On ‎05‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 07:32, strichener said:

On ‎05‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 11:05, dorlomin said:

This smells of bullshit. I have mates in a building near identical to Grenfell in Newham who have had their cladding replaced. 

Did you miss the "Or something like that..."?