General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

A suggestion on the news tonight that there's going to be a challenge to Corbyn's leadership after the EU referendum.

If it fails what will the rebels do?

Hopefully Corbyn will come down hard on them.

That'd involve non-shitebaggery. So not likely then.

No one is denying any of this, all Livingstone is stating is a fact, that the Nazis supported the Zionist....IN AS MUCH as it was a means to a end and NOT for the same reasons , but purely racist anti Semitic and economical reasons...so miss and a miss thanks for playing etc.

Except for the fact that "the Nazis" did not in fact "support the Zionists". You've clearly comprehended precisely nothing in the article by an expert in the field, who thoroughly debunked an interpretation held only by gurning imbeciles like yourself and Ken Livingstone. Whose credibility in the field is precisely nil.

From the Jewish Virtual Libary

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Holocaust/Black.html

On August 7, 1933, an official delegation of four German and Palestinian Zionists and one independent Palestinian Jewish businessman were ushered into a conference room at the Economics Ministry in Berlin. The Jewish negotiators were greeted courteously by Hans Hartenstein, director of the German Foreign Currency Control Office. They talked for some time about investment, emigration, and public opinion, but the underlying theme was the boycott. The Nazis wanted to know how far the Zionists were willing to go in subverting the boycott. The Zionists wanted to know how far the Reich was willing to go in allowing them to rescue German Jews.

Hartenstein was about to call the inconclusive meeting to a close when a messenger arrived with a telegram from German Consul Heinrich Wolff in Tel Aviv, who advised Hartenstein that concluding a deal with the Zionist delegation was the best way to break the crippling boycott. Hartenstein complied, and the Transfer Agreement was born.

Three days later, the Reich Economics Ministry issued the pact as Decree 54/33.

The Transfer Agreement permitted Jews to leave Germany and take some of their assets in the form of new German goods, which the Zionist movement would then sell in Palestine and eventually throughout much of the world. The German goods were purchased with frozen Jewish assets held in Germany. When the merchandise was sold, the sale proceeds were given to the emigrants, minus a commission for administration and a portion reserved for Zionist state-building projects, such as industrial infrastructure and land purchase.

Now tell me again that the Nazis didn't support the Zionists.

Bzzzt sorry, but I'm afraid that your Google cherry-picking from the "Jewish virtual library" - which by the way is not an authoritative account of The Holocaust: just because it had 'Jewish' in the name does not give it some sort of oracle-like presence in the field - doesn't actually stack up with the literally thousands of sources dug up by credible historians. Nor indeed does that document stack up to any scrutiny at all: it is simply a rehash of your swing and a miss effort from pages back, and can therefore be safely dismissed as the ramblings of an anti-Semitic cretin.

Hate to break this to you, but possession of an accurate grasp of both historical facts and the reasons why historical events took place is actually developed by professional academics with the necessary training, expertise and familiarity with thousands of historical documents at any given time. It is not subjectively determined by amateur hour clowns playing on the Internet like yourself.

Except for the fact that "the Nazis" did not in fact "support the Zionists". You've clearly comprehended precisely nothing in the article by an expert in the field, who thoroughly debunked an interpretation held only by gurning imbeciles like yourself and Ken Livingstone. Whose credibility in the field is precisely nil.

Bzzzt sorry, but I'm afraid that your Google cherry-picking from the "Jewish virtual library" - which by the way is not an authoritative account of The Holocaust: just because it had 'Jewish' in the name does not give it some sort of oracle-like presence in the field - doesn't actually stack up with the literally thousands of sources dug up by credible historians. Nor indeed does that document stack up to any scrutiny at all: it is simply a rehash of your swing and a miss effort from pages back, and can therefore be safely dismissed as the ramblings of an anti-Semitic cretin.

Hate to break this to you, but possession of an accurate grasp of both historical facts and the reasons why historical events took place is actually developed by professional academics with the necessary training, expertise and familiarity with thousands of historical documents at any given time. It is not subjectively determined by amateur hour clowns playing on the Internet like yourself.

Sorry but the Nazi did support the Zionists , but that doesn't mean they were Zionist , it's been clearly explained on here umpteen times , you're just being your boring obtrusive self as usual.

Did this agreement with Zionists and Nazis happen a simple yes or no will suffice.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Holocaust/Black.html

The anti-Corbyn brigade will be furious with the results in England and Wales.

What? I haven't seen the results but from what I've been told they had a very disappointing night with the exception of the London mayor

The anti-Corbyn brigade will be furious with the results in England and Wales.

I think everyone in the a Labour Party are disappointed with the results. The only bizarre thing is Corbyn trying to spin thus as somehow positive.

What? I haven't seen the results but from what I've been told they had a very disappointing night with the exception of the London mayor

Like I said it was only a strap line but I'm sure it said overall Labour 31% Conservative 30%.m if I'm wrong I will be happily corrected.

I'm sure the anti-Corynists will try to spin that as being a failure despite it being better than what was Acheived at the GE.

Like I said it was only a strap line but I'm sure it said overall Labour 31% Conservative 30%.m if I'm wrong I will be happily corrected.

I'm sure the anti-Corynists will try to spin that as being a failure despite it being better than what was Acheived at the GE.

I thinks it's the first time an opposition party has lost councillors since 1985 or something? Not exactly an amazing result. Though they seem to have held on in Wales better than people thought, despite losing a couple of seats.

I thinks it's the first time an opposition party has lost councillors since 1985 or something? Not exactly an amazing result. Though they seem to have held on in Wales better than people thought, despite losing a couple of seats.

No I don't think it was an amazing result, but neither was it the unmitigated disaster that the Corbyn haters in the Labour Party would have wanted.

They must have been in tears.

Granny, you know this is stupid.

Those Councils are not like for like, they ignore the historic trends, and the figures don't reflect whether you win lots of seats in one local authority area where you're already strong or if you win in non-traditional support areas.

Corbyn is an electoral liability for Labour. Even with the Lib Dems being at all time lows in decades locally, regionally and nationally, Corbyn still can't gain Councillors by the hundreds like every incoming governing party has ever done.

Unlike Totally Electable Ed Miliband and his excellent council gains, which propelled him to easy victory in the heads of the pundit class and no-mark political wannabes alike.

Unlike Totally Electable Ed Miliband and his excellent council gains, which propelled him to easy victory in the heads of the pundit class and no-mark political wannabes alike.

1. He didn't make as good Council gains as he was expected to

2. Failing even to make as good Council gains is hardly the mark or track record of an imminent ascension to Downing Street, is it?