General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

*banging the table in time to the chant, getting progressively louder and more unhinged"

GENNY LEC

GENNY LEC

GENNY LEC

GENNY LEC

GENNY LEC

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

In anticipation (though the title is so misguided).

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss…

Is this about you voting for Brexit to speed up Scottish independence?  Because you certainly got fooled there!

Edited by ICTChris

Can someone please explain how Tory MPs think submitting letters of no confidence will stop an election?

No matter what internal party soap opera they have going on, Sunak remains the PM until he pops along to Buck House and says cheerio to Charlie. And as PM, it remains his right to ask Charlie to dissolve Parliament. 

Just now, The Master said:

Can someone please explain how Tory MPs think submitting letters of no confidence will stop an election?

No matter what internal party soap opera they have going on, Sunak remains the PM until he pops along to Buck House and says cheerio to Charlie. And as PM, it remains his right to ask Charlie to dissolve Parliament. 

I'd laugh myself inside out if the election was called and the Tories announced a leadership campaign to happen at the same time. 

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

What seems to be causing this is cabinet ministers cancelling travel plans and TV appearances. 

Cameron home from albania early; Shapps delaying his trip; Hunt pulling out of Robert Peston, etc

Pardon?

BBC reporting that the wee man will make a statement. They say outside Downing Street but I bet he's standing in Downing Street when he makes it. 

Sunak to make statement

We are hearing that Rishi Sunak is to give a statement outside Downing Street and is expected to announce a summer general election date.

Stay with us as we bring you all the details - and you can watch live by pressing the Play button at the top of the page.

8 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Can’t wait to have to tell my Lib Dem neighbours to stop giving me their fucking leaflets again. 

Lib Dems will probably do very shit in this election due to Labour shifting rightwards, square onto the Lib Dems' ground. Greens overtaking them as the third party (in England and Wales) would be great. I've not looked at any polling though, no idea how improbable that is.

Just now, Freedom Farter said:

Lib Dems will probably do very shit in this election due to Labour shifting rightwards, square onto the Lib Dems' ground. Greens overtaking them as the third party (in England and Wales) would be great. I've not looked at any polling though, no idea how improbable that is.

I’m in Edinburgh West, so they’ll win here irrespective of anything else. They could put forward a literal piece of shit in a suit* for election and they’d win here.

I would absolutely love them to be decimated electorally though. 

*insert Alex Cole-Hamilton comment. 

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I’m in Edinburgh West, so they’ll win here irrespective of anything else. They could put forward a literal piece of shit in a suit* for election and they’d win here.

I would absolutely love them to be decimated electorally though. 

*insert Alex Cole-Hamilton comment. 

Why d'you think they're so popular in Edinburgh West?

I don’t really know, but my opinion is that it’s because the area is packed with middle class liberals who don’t want to vote Tory but are essentially Tories. 

Place is full of well off folk who are natural Tories but don't want to be seen to be Tories.