General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

34 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Just took my 93-year-old Mum to vote, she's registered blind. In a very loud voice she said, "Which box for deporting the ULEZ protestors to Rwanda?" A cheer went up from the waiting voters. 

You voted in Aberdeen? Early and often? Something fishy here...

When/if Khan wins the London mayor election...voter fraud will be trending the zoomers are already all over "postal votes" Looks like the Trump playbook is going to be played out down south 

1 hour ago, JS_FFC said:

Old uncle Boris forgets about the voter ID rules introduced by… erm… his own government.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he did this deliberately to get some attention and appeal to those who think he is a lovable buffoon!

11 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he did this deliberately to get some attention and appeal to those who think he is a lovable buffoon!

"See, it's not just minorities and the poor! Good old Boris! Ho ho." 

-resident blowhard, any pub south east of Coventry, yesterday. 

Tories unsurprisingly taking a pasting in the locals. Labour have done broadly well but slipped up in areas with higher Muslim populations. Modest gains for the Lib Dem’s and Greens as well as independents. Reform and George Galloway’s lot nowhere to be seen.

26 minutes ago, Dan Steele said:

He'll soon be punted from Labour with that name.

I'm automatically assuming that he's from a wealthy family with possible ties to the aristocracy, that there's a hyphen been dropped from the name somewhere, and he'll defect to the Tories as soon as they look like getting back in power.

Apologies if incorrect, Karl.

15 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

It was performance art from the fat cùnt. In a week he knows is going to be terrible for Sunak and the Tories he's getting his name mentioned in SM and on TV etc.

He'll want to be ready to ride back in when the Tories are fucked at the GE.

Fat cùnt. 

Tory spin doctors like Andrea “Only I can run the country because I’m a mother” Leadsom on the telly trying to spin Ben Houchen’s win in Tees Valley as some kind of great victory for Sunak.

That’ll be the same Ben Houchen who is incredibly locally popular and still lost nearly 20 points of vote share since last time.

Tory candidate for mayor of York and North Yorkshire (Sunak’s back garden) seen “sulking” and “looking glum” according to reports. Rumours he might have fallen into third place.

3 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

Tories unsurprisingly taking a pasting in the locals. Labour have done broadly well but slipped up in areas with higher Muslim populations. Modest gains for the Lib Dem’s and Greens as well as independents. Reform and George Galloway’s lot nowhere to be seen.

If the Greens get three times the council seats as Reform which party will get three times the coverage on the BBC?

Er.... Reform.