General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

On 25/06/2024 at 11:27, Granny Danger said:

£1.4 billion of PPE destroyed.  This is from a single who got rich and has subsequently moved their business offshore for ‘privacy’ reasons so no-one can see how much money they made.  Prior to COVID they made an annual profit of £800k; you can bet that they made a wee bit more on this deal.

Not nearly enough has been down to expose the level of this scandal and/or to hold people accountable.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cll476qzm85o

I don't understand why they had to destroy the equipment. It's not as if it had a use by date or anything. 

Fair enough, write off the money as a total waste if you like but couldn't the PPE be given free to places with deadly diseases such as Ebola, Dengue, Malaria etc. as it may just have been of some use. 

Just now, tamthebam said:

I don't understand why they had to destroy the equipment. It's not as if it had a use by date or anything. 

Fair enough, write off the money as a total waste if you like but couldn't the PPE be given free to places with deadly diseases such as Ebola, Dengue, Malaria etc. as it may just have been of some use. 

They’ve probably kept it to sell on at a 100% mark up when bird flu hits.

9 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

A lot of PPE does have an expiry date. 

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

He's gone back to Australia. Which is quite well known for poisonous wildlife. Now, call me Vlad Putin, but I reckon a funnelweb spider under the bog seat should do it 

Now you've done it. Cue tinfoil hat brigade claiming that the CIA have an entire division training arachnids to assassinate those who p!ss off the Good Ole USofA.

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

He's gone back to Australia. Which is quite well known for poisonous wildlife. Now, call me Vlad Putin, but I reckon a funnelweb spider under the bog seat should do it 

It’s redback spiders that hang about in the dunny. Funnel web spiders more devious making burrows in the ground or hide in rockery with some absolute c***s living in trees.

20 hours ago, tamthebam said:

20 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

They’ve probably kept it to sell on at a 100% mark up when bird flu hits.

20 hours ago, tamthebam said:

It must be made of yon plastic that doesn't hang about in the environment for decades. Good. 

Here’s the answer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cl55lp79dzno