QotS vs The Gers

Made his first appearance yesterday and played well. Faded slightly in the second half due to lack of games but is clearly a good player.

With him in the team and if we can get Hilson back soon, we will look a lot better than we have done.

It makes it frustrating that Fowler hasn't used him until now and won't be able to, next week.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't that sensational a debut was it? He did well and looks like he can contribute during the run in, but the win was built on a good team performance rather than any stand out individual. Who knows what his fitness levels were like as well, not to mention getting him used to playing with his new team mates.

I don't think Fowler waiting (what is it 2 games?) before playing him is a huge issue.

It wasn't that sensational a debut was it? He did well and looks like he can contribute during the run in, but the win was built on a good team performance rather than any stand out individual. Who knows what his fitness levels were like as well, not to mention getting him used to playing with his new team mates.

I don't think Fowler waiting (what is it 2 games?) before playing him is a huge issue.

It wasn't sensational, but it was good.

We've seen plenty of midfield performances this season that could not be described as good.

It wasn't sensational, but it was good.

We've seen plenty of midfield performances this season that could not be described as good.

Is Andy Murdoch doing well with you guys? Was always rated pretty highly and hopefully this works out well for both teams.

A win against St Boo yesterday will have boosted their confidence too, qots are rarely an easy team to play.

Played well especially considering first competitive game for us. Will no doubt get stronger with more game time and familarity with the players.

So the big decisions team wise. I would make 2/3 changes for this one and line up 4-4-2.

Atkinson

Kidd

Dowie

Higgins

Marshall

Harris

Hutton

Jacobs

Conroy

Russell

Lyle

Think we have to play our two main goal threats as far up the pitch for this one. Jacobs in for Murdoch to add a bit of bite and Russell in for Pickard. As well as Jake has done he doesn't look like he will score many and don't think we will be getting loads of chances.

That's probably the line up I would go with. Jacobs covers a lot of ground which will likely be required in a game we will spend the majority of on the back foot. Russell's pace and ability to win free-kicks could help us when we need a bit of relief as well so he has to come back in. Another option would be to bring Russell in for Murdoch and move Pickard back into midfield. I wouldn't be unhappy with either lineup.

Conroy is a bit of a concern because he doesn't work hard enough. Rangers are a threat from the full-back position so our wide men are going to spend most of the game defending, not his strength. The flipside to this is he's an attacking threat, especially from set-pieces and with chances at a premium they might offer our best chance of a goal.

It was interesting hearing Fowler's sound reasoning for resting Robbie Thomson on Saturday. I wonder how long this rest period will last?

I'm expecting another very tough game for the Gers. O'Halloran and King will be ineligible for the cup replay tomorrow night and will surely come back into the side for the league game.

Queens will be without Murdoch who started and played well on his qos debut on Saturday.

It was rather obvious that he would leave Miller out last Saturday to bring in OHalloran both to rest Miller for the Killie match and to start OHalloran. Miller should start tomorrow and basically it will be the usual squad. However for Sunday v QOS will he shake the team up a bit? Looking at the last four matches results is it time to shake the team selection up a bit? For instance starting OHalloran, King and Miller for the first time.

However for Sunday v QOS will he shake the team up a bit? Looking at the last four matches results is it time to shake the team selection up a bit? For instance starting OHalloran, King and Miller for the first time.

Oor Billy and Barry down the flanks and MOH through the middle. The shortest but cleverest front 3 in Scottish football.

So what's your roles for Miller and Waghorn?

The bench. I'd love these 3 given their chance to shine and for Waghorn and Miller to come on later. BTW Kenny has had a brilliant season.

Edited to add: Football has to get in line with Rugby here and it has to be seen as more a 14 man game than a 'starting 11 and the rest are make weights'. Being on the bench must be seen as a success rather than a failure.

The bench. I'd love these 3 given their chance to shine and for Waghorn and Miller to come on later. BTW Kenny has had a brilliant season.

I don't disagree with you. I for one thought Miller would rarely feature this season however off the park apparently brilliant and on the park he is doing a job I thought Waghorn would be doing being a box striker and leading the way on many fronts. He deserves a lot of credit... 36 in all!

I'm not sure he will drop Waghorn but maybe if he misses chances tomorrow night ( if selected) like v Killie & Alloa. I think Warburton has given himself a dilemma. Barry is playing to well to be rested imo. King deserves a start. He wants to start OHalloran but I think Warburton wants to play him wide right!

Archived