Daith piercing for migraines

Wilky1878

So basically I suffer from really bad migraines and apparently getting your daith pierced on the side you suffer the migraines from is a newly discovered way that is untested but is working similar to acupuncture to prevent migraines. My mum knows someone who did it and claims it worked, just wondering if anyone on here has done it and whether it worked or not?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had no idea what a "daith" was until you posted that, so I googled it.

Pretty much the first few stories appear to state that this is a load of shite.

Aye, but it's all opinions as there's been no tests on them. The thing that's swinging me the now is knowing someone that's had ot done and said it worked, thinking it might be worth the try. Can always take it out if it doesn't.

Aye, but it's all opinions as there's been no tests on them. The thing that's swinging me the now is knowing someone that's had ot done and said it worked, thinking it might be worth the try. Can always take it out if it doesn't.

Maybe, but then there'll be other people who've had it done that it hasn't worked for. Also, the person you know who claims it works hasn't had a migraine yet. It doesn't mean she won't. Anecdotal evidence is not evidence at all.

Maybe, but then there'll be other people who've had it done that it hasn't worked for. Also, the person you know who claims it works hasn't had a migraine yet. It doesn't mean she won't. Anecdotal evidence is not evidence at all.

Listen to Mrs M, she's practically a Doctor.

I can let you have some bottles of high potency mogambo juice for £2,000 per bottle.

It's a scientific fact that it's good for coughs, cold, sore areseholes and migraines.

Of course there's no proof of that.

The only thing that can determine if something "works" is a properly designed trial, properly conducted. People will always tend to report that a treatment has helped them; and it can be shown, for example, that two sugar (placebo) pills work better than one, and that a saline (placebo) injection works better than the pills. Also, coloured pills work better than white ones.

Someone once said, "the plural of anecdote isn't data", which is all that needs to be said about the advisability of asking others for their experiences rather than taking data from trials.

Here's a clip that covers most of the salient points about "healing" anecdotes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZeWPScnolo

I can let you have some bottles of high potency mogambo juice for £2,000 per bottle.

It's a scientific fact that it's good for coughs, cold, sore areseholes and migraines.

Of course there's no proof of that.

I'm a torn-faced arsehole, Tom - will it do me any good?

Anyway, back to Wilko...it'll only work if you believe in it, so you've completely screwed yourself over by starting this thread! It's back to prescription painkillers and horrible forced masturbation, I'm afraid.

I sometimes get pain in my cock after masturbating for 6 straight hours (and an addiitonal 3 gay hours). Maybe I'll get my cock pierced to take the pain away.

People really will believe any old shite, won't they?

Your cock didn't come with a hole?

I'd take it back if I were you.

Your cock didn't come with a hole?

I'd take it back if I were you.

I know a geez with two holes in his boaby, rather than the standard one. Two naturally occurring urethra holes. Weird shit. He had no idea this wasn't normal until a conversation about another friend's Prince Albert piercing when we were in our late teens revealed the truth.

is a newly discovered way that is untested but is working similar to acupuncture to prevent migraines. My mum knows someone who did it and claims it worked,

Get a grip for f**k sake.

Also saying it works like acupuncture is pretty much saying it doesn't work.

Facebook thread for this shite IMO.

Archived