Neighbours you don't like

Reading this thread makes me so happy that I've not lived in anything other than detached houses since 1989! I think I'd probably have gone mad if I'd had to go through what some of you seem to have. As for here, only issue I have is that the neighbours on either side and the back all have dogs, so we have to try to manage letting ours out otherwise there's a bark-fest. TBF the neighbours are all pretty good with this.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if he's doing that to you then I apologise. I wish my neighbours would take my bins in. I share a drive and work during the day and come home to find that the next door neighbour has come out and moved her bin back from the driveway and left mine sitting in the drive. I need to stop the car, get out then move the bin back out of the way and drive in. When I first moved in I did this for them, not moving it far just off the drive and the next week they had put massive numbers all over their bins as if to say leave them alone.

Very strange, surely I made it easier for them?

Maybe the numbers thing was a coincidence?

Nah, they had a go at me for washing my car and some spray got on their car.

They're just super protective of their stuff. A few months later I got someone to tar the roof of my garage and some went on their kids and rather than tell me they left on holiday and got the neighbour from across the road to come and have a go at me telling me I needed to do something about it. Why they never spoke to the guy doing it remains a mystery.

Nowt as queer as folk as they say.

Nah, they had a go at me for washing my car and some spray got on their car.

They're just super protective of their stuff. A few months later I got someone to tar the roof of my garage and some went on their kids and rather than tell me they left on holiday and got the neighbour from across the road to come and have a go at me telling me I needed to do something about it. Why they never spoke to the guy doing it remains a mystery.

Nowt as queer as folk as they say.

I'd be raging if someone splattered hot tar on my kids as well.

My neighbours are sound, never had bother with either side. Andrew and Bev a retired couple in their 50's are my favourite ones though. Andrew is very garden proud, so offered to do my front garden so it's symetrical to his. Got solar powered lights and all sorts now, so its looking the business.

Their dog sometimes runs up to me and sniffs my balls, but I can let that go.

I've got a bin agreement with the other neighbours. They put both bins out before they go to work, and I bring them in when I get up.

There's something about old people and their desire to bring in your bins for you.

This is true!

I was in a wheelchair for two months earlier last year and my neighbour who's about 75 used to put my bin out and in.

Was greatly appreciated.

Bloody hard work trying to put a bin out in a wheelchair, nay impossible.

Now I'm back on my feet and he still does it even after I said it's ok Terry I can manage now.

Ah well, keeps him happy.

My neighbours are generally ok. Parking is a bit shit cause its a cul de sac. Most of us have been here for years, we had shit next door for a few years but luckily they moved on. Leaving your bins out is manky b*****d behaviour.

My neighbours are generally ok. Parking is a bit shit cause its a cul de sac. Most of us have been here for years, we had shit next door for a few years but luckily they moved on. Leaving your bins out is manky b*****d behaviour.

Did someone eventually just bag them up and throw them away?

How on earth a shit ever managed to sign the deeds and pay for a house I'll never know though.

Andrew is very garden proud, so offered to do my front garden so it's symetrical to his. Got solar powered lights and all sorts now, so its looking the business.

This is an absolute belter of a deal, right here.

Just noticed this, beast. Get out now. He's already had yer Mrs in his potting shed. Just seen her tits so far but he's telling her aboot the view at the back of the garden.

This is an absolute belter of a deal, right here.

Bin lorry came round while I was home for lunch.

Was able to take mine and neighbour's bin in before lorry was out of the street 8)

Didn't know my next door neighbours had relations in Larbert...

• 1 month later...

Having issues with a neighbour at the moment, he's two floors above me in the building and keeps play electric guitar at a ridiculously high volume. Tried to deal with it but when I knock his door he just shouts abuse through it, I don't even know what he looks like. Unsure on what else to do other than the 101 number and reporting it, but this has been going on for months.

Having issues with a neighbour at the moment, he's two floors above me in the building and keeps play electric guitar at a ridiculously high volume. Tried to deal with it but when I knock his door he just shouts abuse through it, I don't even know what he looks like. Unsure on what else to do other than the 101 number and reporting it, but this has been going on for months.

Could always post some petrol and a lit match through the letterbox.

Or tie his door handle to the stairs or something so he can't open the door.

There is literally hundreds of ways to annoy neighbours in a block of flats, its one of the things I miss about living in a flat*.

*Miss is a bit of an exaggeration, I'm delighted that I am no longer a flat-dwelling gypsy.

My neighbours are sound, never had bother with either side.  Andrew and Bev a retired couple in their 50's are my favourite ones though.  Andrew is very garden proud, so offered to do my front garden so it's symetrical to his.  Got solar powered lights and all sorts now, so its looking the business.

Their dog sometimes runs up to me and sniffs my balls, but I can let that go.

Andrew and Bev have only gone and decided they're moving to Portugal.  I'm furious and upset in equal measure, as I'll need to start doing my own gardening.  I'm trying my hardest to put them off the move, but I'm not sure it's working.

Archived