Falkirk v Queen of the South

I doubt it actually. We could do wth a win though clearly a point would be decent.

We were awful to watch at Falkirk earlier in the season albeit Falkirk weren`t much better. It was an awful game.

Oh f**k aye.

Hate to make a highlight video from that game.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought Queens looked quite decent today TBH, thought they were worth a point.

I think we'll need to be at our best to get the win. If we play for the full game as we did in the 1st half against Raith and sporadically yesterday we should get the 3 points.

The points difference between the two sides should indicate an easy home win but it never turns out that way against a well organised Queens side. I doubt we can be as poor as we were in the first game at TFS and at least we now have a number of attacking options off the bench . Will all depend on whether we can keep it tight at the back again. I'm going for narrow 2-1 home win.

Outside Hibs and Rangers QOS have been the best of the rest we have faced. I don't expect anything other than it being very tough. I think they will sit in and it will be difficult day for us.

Really want to see Houston freshen things up but I don't see it. With McGrandles out that is even less likely.

We might scrape a 1-0 but I suspect another draw.

Get Yer money on Vaulks to score if Atkinson's in goals.

Can I ask Queens fans why he was in goals ?

I'll be watching this via Falkirk TV from warmer climates, should be a tight game, queens looked stuffy and difficult to beat yesterday. Atkinson in goals must be a goal of a start tho, he'll definetley be tested more than yesterday if he is playing.

Mark Millar was poor again yesterday and subbed, Queens looked better when he was subbed.

I'd also agree that Queens have been the best of the rest in our games against them this season. In the two matches so far we've only turned up for the first 20 minutes at Palmerston and dropped 4 points as a result. I fancy Baird to score and us to get the 3 points this time around though. I'd stick with the same 11 as Saturday but hopefully Hippo, McHugh and O'Hara get a good run out. Crowd 3,945

Tough game, no disrespect to queens but they will probably come and sit in a little and make it difficult for us. Got a feeling leahy will get a goal and I'd like to see a bit of hippolyte and O'Hara at some point in the game.

Hippolyte almost always scored against Queens when at Livingston. I hope Baird and Kerr have an off day.

I'll be watching this via Falkirk TV from warmer climates, should be a tight game, queens looked stuffy and difficult to beat yesterday. Atkinson in goals must be a goal of a start tho, he'll definetley be tested more than yesterday if he is playing.

Mark Millar was poor again yesterday and subbed, Queens looked better when he was subbed.

Can I ask how you have such a strong opinion on a player that has only made three appearances this season?

You're right on Mark Millar though, he's an absolute waster.

Official word is that Thomson is being rested. Hopefully he will be suitably refreshed by now.

Even more hopefully, that was Millar's last ever game for us.

Falkirk tv will that be a live feed will it?

Can I ask how you have such a strong opinion on a player that has only made three appearances this season?

You're right on Mark Millar though, he's an absolute waster.

I dont think its news to you but he did play just under 100 games for us and very well in most, I for one rated him the first season, when many didnt. He left Falkirk first time and second time with a decent rapport with the fans and still to this day I guess, getting applause from Falkirk fans coming on as a sub in his debut for Queens points to that.

I've only seen Millar obviously in our games and Queens tv games and not once has he shown any of the player we had at Falkirk, he obviously was carrying weight first season but after many claims from Queens fans he was the better replacement or like for like for Kerr and that this was to be his season, I'm still waiting to hear his praises or have seen the player that was at Falkirk, sad really as we built our team around him last time out.

Official word is that Thomson is being rested. Hopefully he will be suitably refreshed by now.

Even more hopefully, that was Millar's last ever game for us.

Rested, thats a strange one especially for a goalkeeper

Whats the fans word on the street ?

I dont think its news to you but he did play just under 100 games for us and very well in most,

He was asking how you had such a strong opinion on Atkinson, who has played two and a half games for us this season (and the previous two were not televised), not Millar. Atkinson incidentally played in one of the games at Falkirk last season and was man of the match, making one miraculous block to earn a point which many Falkirk fans on here said was the save of the season.

As for why he's playing, the manager decided to change his goalkeeper. There's nothing more to it than that. He might decided to change it back, he might not, we'll find out on Saturday.

He was asking how you had such a strong opinion on Atkinson, who has played two and a half games for us this season (and the previous two were not televised), not Millar. Atkinson incidentally played in one of the games at Falkirk last season and was man of the match, making one miraculous block to earn a point which many Falkirk fans on here said was the save of the season.

As for why he's playing, the manager decided to change his goalkeeper. There's nothing more to it than that. He might decided to change it back, he might not, we'll find out on Saturday.

I took it as sarcasm in that Millar had only turned up for 3 games......

Atkinson in what I seen yesterday and remember from his last appearance has a very unorthodox approach to goalkeeping, doesnt instil confidence and perhaps was rather lucky than using the normal goalkeeping manual.

I hope he is playing on Saturday but I still find it strange with the term rest a goalkeeper, most cases for resting a goalkeeper take place usually in cup games or if the case of being dropped is due to them having poor games or suspended and neither of those apply. I can see us resting/dropping Rogers in the latter part of the season where our league position is confirmed but not now

I took it as sarcasm in that Millar had only turned up for 3 games......

Atkinson in what I seen yesterday and remember from his last appearance has a very unorthodox approach to goalkeeping, doesnt instil confidence and perhaps was rather lucky than using the normal goalkeeping manual.

I hope he is playing on Saturday but I still find it strange with the term rest a goalkeeper, most cases for resting a goalkeeper take place usually in cup games or if the case of being dropped is due to them having poor games or suspended and neither of those apply. I can see us resting/dropping Rogers in the latter part of the season where our league position is confirmed but not now

Sure with Jim in goals circa 225 minutes this season we have conceded a looping one in a hundred volley. Not bad for such a poor keeper.

P.s your league position will be confirmed roughly 9.30pm on Wednesday.

Sure with Jim in goals circa 225 minutes this season we have conceded a looping one in a hundred volley. Not bad for such a poor keeper.

Callum Antell had a run of 3 league games where he conceded 1 goal in 270 minutes.

Archived