Falkirk v Queen of the South

Jim Atkinson is a good young keeper. Just my opinion, but I'd have been happy enough if he'd been promoted to No 1 before this season started.

Me too.

I've only seen him a few times , including the game mentioned at Cappielow, but I always thought he seemed assured enough.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember Atkinson appearing for Clark about halfway thru the first half at Morton 2 seasons ago and Queens were 1-0 up at half time and had 2 players sent off either side of half time and only conceded a goal 4 minutes from the end. It was like the alamo on Queens goal for almost the entire 2nd half. One of his best performances for Queens.

Whilst I'm haven't really seen enough of Jim to form an opinion. That Morton team was hilariously awful and I don't think they actually had too many shots on goal outside of passing it sideways a lot. I think Kenny Shiels even said that it was harder playing against 9 :lol:

Whilst I'm haven't really seen enough of Jim to form an opinion. That Morton team was hilariously awful and I don't think they actually had too many shots on goal outside of passing it sideways a lot. I think Kenny Shiels even said that it was harder playing against 9 :lol:

I know what you mean.

Whilst a goalkeeper is an unique position, I think you are more forgiving to an outfield positioned player, that said as far in the limited game time, he hasn't let Queens down. As stated I feel he is a little unorthodox in goal, reminds me of Nelson Still, tho with more game time.

So if Atkinson starts on Saturday, do Queens fans believe he is the No1 for the rest of the season ?

We've got the pleasure of Collum on Saturday after his "demotion" from Premiership games for a few weeks.

3rd place is more or less sealed and a win on Saturday on will enhance that. Queens surely can't approach it by sitting back like there last 3 visits to TFS?

Whilst a goalkeeper is an unique position, I think you are more forgiving to an outfield positioned player, that said as far in the limited game time, he hasn't let Queens down. As stated I feel he is a little unorthodox in goal, reminds me of Nelson Still, tho with more game time.

So if Atkinson starts on Saturday, do Queens fans believe he is the No1 for the rest of the season ?

If it works does it matter how it is done technically? My main concern whenever he has played has been that he's taken out attacking players and giving away penalties a couple of times. Otherwise he hasn't really done anything to cost us a match.

We've got the pleasure of Collum on Saturday after his "demotion" from Premiership games for a few weeks.

3rd place is more or less sealed and a win on Saturday on will enhance that. Queens surely can't approach it by sitting back like there last 3 visits to TFS?

They will its Fowler who is in charge

I think Thomson will be back in goals for the foreseeable future though could be proved wrong.

Did he not play just the once for us?

Archived