Falkirk v Queen of the South

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was surprised yes. I was thinking that Craig Thomson would get the nod.

I think it was always obvious the Collum would be there ahead of Thomson, particularly after Collum was given the Super Cup final last summer. I personally prefer Thomson's style of refereeing/game management, but the 2 of them are quite comfortably the best 2 referees in the country, and a choice between the two comes down to personal preference.

Collum has had a poor couple of months, but the media furore around him has been nothing short of disgraceful. It's absolutely no surprise that you struggle to get people in to refereeing throughout Scotland when you see some of the bile directed at him.

If refs were good I'd imagine they wouldn't take much abuse.

Just saying likes

What a load of shite, and you know it.

Clattenburg and Atkinson get a rake of abuse every week down south as well despite being two of Europe's top referees. The nature of the job is very subjective, and that leads to people disagreeing with decisions often. Football fans go nuts when the referee calls it right, because they can't see past their bias for their own team.

What a load of shite, and you know it.

Clattenburg and Atkinson get a rake of abuse every week down south as well despite being two of Europe's top referees. The nature of the job is very subjective, and that leads to people disagreeing with decisions often. Football fans go nuts when the referee calls it right, because they can't see past their bias for their own team.

I'm more referring to the abuse Collum receives for making a pigs ear of it.

Sure, refs take abuse at the match from fans. More so because fans are upset that things aren't going their way and need a scapegoat.

Players also take abuse. I hear Anthony Stokes got booed tonight. A month ago he was the Messiah.

Don't want to move into other countries when discussing referees. certainly in Scotland there are a few fixtures you don't want to make a mistake in. The thing is if you're gonnae make an error hope it's an honest 1.

Too many of these errors from our officials aren't honest.

Sure, refs take abuse at the match from fans. More so because fans are upset that things aren't going their way and need a scapegoat.

Players also take abuse. I hear Anthony Stokes got booed tonight. A month ago he was the Messiah.

Don't want to move into other countries when discussing referees. certainly in Scotland there are a few fixtures you don't want to make a mistake in. The thing is if you're gonnae make an error hope it's an honest 1.

He`s not the Messiah he`s a very naughty boy.

I'm not even sure what that last sentence is supposed to mean, but no referee goes on to the field of play and intentionally makes a mistake. The referee gets 1 shot to make these calls in real time, there will be mistakes from time to time, but they can only call it as they see it. When Collum makes any sort of mistakes it seems like the whole of the Scottish football media pounce on it, which is grossly unfair. Scottish football should be proud to have two of our referees performing at an elite level internationally, it's certainly not something our clubs or national side seem to be capable of.

No stopping us now after that result I'm afraid. You'll do well to get into the playoffs instead of the mighty Morton.

Morton certainly right back in the mix after a superb result tonight.

Tough to call between us Morton and Raith in the battle to be first team eliminated in the play-offs.

Some big games coming up in that particular tussle.

I think we can do it but in reality too close to call. Whoever makes 4th you`ll be playing them in the 1st play-off match IMHO

I'm not even sure what that last sentence is supposed to mean, but no referee goes on to the field of play and intentionally makes a mistake

No but there is one referee who intentionally goes out to make the game all about him and not think twice about his actions. The other refs do make genuine mistakes, I've no doubt about that.

I can just imagine the frustration of some at not being able to express any seethe on here if Collum actually gets through the game without making any major mistakes, or only makes the type of mistake common to all refs. If he somehow does manage to have a good game I doubt many would actually come on here and admit it. I'm beginning to wonder if there will actually be two teams on the park as well as the ref.

I'm not even sure what that last sentence is supposed to mean, but no referee goes on to the field of play and intentionally makes a mistake. The referee gets 1 shot to make these calls in real time, there will be mistakes from time to time, but they can only call it as they see it. When Collum makes any sort of mistakes it seems like the whole of the Scottish football media pounce on it, which is grossly unfair. Scottish football should be proud to have two of our referees performing at an elite level internationally, it's certainly not something our clubs or national side seem to be capable of.

The sentence means that guys like Collum make calls that aren't honest mistakes.

His Rangers penalty at Falkirk.

The Old firm penalty with his back to it.

The ref who gave the Penalty to Hibs at Falkirk when he obviously couldn't see it.

These aren't honest mistakes.

They are just plain crap

Falkirk to pick up 6 more points than hibs between now and May I don't think so. All hibs did by losing last night was delay the inevitable. Great effort though this season and would love to see you go up via the play offs if we don't make it.

Falkirk to pick up 6 more points than hibs between now and May I don't think so. All hibs did by losing last night was delay the inevitable. Great effort though this season and would love to see you go up via the play offs if we don't make it.

Hibs still have 2 cups to contend with, we are still in with a shout.

Archived