If You Had To Choose Another Team To Support

Sweet Pete

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dundee for me. Half my family were born there and my gramps was a supporter for just shy of 90 years so I've been to my fair share of games. I remember being at Motherwell during the Bonetti years and the fog was that bad that we couldn't see the other end of the pitch. Dundee were shooting away from us in the first half but none of us could see if they'd scored. It was slightly surreal celebrating a team kicking off rather than the goal itself, almost as surreal as watching some of the stars that played for Dundee during that time.

Plus, the Dee fans are top boys.

I remember that game. Being there anyway! Totally surreal, just watching the players disappearing into the mist then returning to view celebrating. Boxing Day or the 27th Dec 2000. 3-0 at HT, shitting it as we thought they were gonna abandon the game. Am I right in saying, if the games abandoned at halftime the fans don't get a refund?

Never happened though. Fog lifted and nothing of any note happened in the second half, typical.

Scorers, for the Dee, Sara (2) & Rae.

ETA probably Forfar and Lochee United.

Definitely Hibs, they've always been my second team.

I enjoyed watching the great Hibs team of the early '70's

Players like, Schaedler, Brownlie, Blackley, Stanton, Cropley, Duncan and the rest. Cracking team.

Definitely Hibs, they've always been my second team.

I enjoyed watching the great Hibs team of the early '70's

Players like, Schaedler, Brownlie, Blackley, Stanton, Cropley, Duncan and the rest. Cracking team.

That was indeed a great Hibs team. A joy to watch!

I said Spartans because they are the closest team to me that aren't Hearts. But being serious, if it wasn't Hibs it would have probably ended up being Celtic because that's who my old man "supported". Probably would have never went to games either.

Thankfully my uncle was a huge Hibs fan and took me to games from a young age. Staying in Leith probably helped too. Kind of converted my dad to Hibs as well, more interested in Hibs doing well than Celtic.

It short, f**k Celtic.

Let's be honest here, if there's another club you could support in the Scottish league then you're doing football supporting all wrong. f**k the other 41 clubs.

I couldn't like another club that was at the same level, don't mind having a soft spot for United as we will never ever be rivals or in the same league, if it was a cup game id want us to smash them though.

Archived