Help me dress myself

LBC-91

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you buy a cheap suit, it'll look like a cheap suit. Also if you wear a jacket on a night out in Newcastle, you are literally asking every local male and probably a good few of the local females to give you a square go.

If you buy a cheap suit, it'll look like a cheap suit. Also if you wear a jacket on a night out in Newcastle, you are literally asking every local male and probably a good few of the local females to give you a square go.

I thought this was an urban myth until I turned up for a night out in Newcastle with my Geordie mates and one of them asked me why I was wearing a jacket. It was fucking freezing.

A naked guy ran and jumped over the railings into the Tyne that day and was promptly arrested on his exit. As you do.

If you'r not going to spend at least £600 on a suit then forget about it, it's not worth your while; you would want to spend double that to get something really nice.

Also you would get away with a white shirt but something with a bit of colour (not too gaudy or loud obviously) is far better - a pale blue will always work well.

You can pick up a decent slik tie for a reasonable price nowadays - there's an over supply of silkworms (fortunately) and a glut of cheap labour (unfortunately).

Black shoes; always black shoes.

I thought this was an urban myth until I turned up for a night out in Newcastle with my Geordie mates and one of them asked me why I was wearing a jacket. It was fucking freezing.

A naked guy ran and jumped over the railings into the Tyne that day and was promptly arrested on his exit. As you do.

Must be a North East thing, England or Scotland.

Both my brothers went to Uni in Aberdeen. Was up there one year about New Year and all these doric folk and students from the Western Isles were cutting about in t shirts and light jackets. I had 2 jerseys, a coat and a scarf and I was still freezing.

Southern softy :(

If you'r not going to spend at least £600 on a suit then forget about it, it's not worth your while; you would want to spend double that to get something really nice.

Also you would get away with a white shirt but something with a bit of colour (not too gaudy or loud obviously) is far better - a pale blue will always work well.

You can pick up a decent slik tie for a reasonable price nowadays - there's an over supply of silkworms (fortunately) and a glut of cheap labour (unfortunately).

Black shoes; always black shoes.

Good advice!

I'd disagree to an extent there is very little difference to the cut/fit/fabric in a £5-800 Hugo boss suit and a £200 Ted baker suit.

To the untrained eye, I'd agree.

And how many tailors do you meet on the average night out. In Newcastle.

Archived