Help me dress myself

LBC-91

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to jump in on this again , your trousers should sit on your shoes, preferably with no break, but a maximum inch on your trousers. You should also be showing a half inch of shirt cuff outside your Jacket sleeve. Shoes depend on weather.

Early posters nailed it. Slaters. Doesn't matter where / what you buy, if it doesn't fit right, it looks cheap. At least at slaters they'll tailor it for free which gives you half a chance whether it's £60 or 600. And black shoes only for work or a dinner suit.

Early posters nailed it. Slaters. Doesn't matter where / what you buy, if it doesn't fit right, it looks cheap. At least at slaters they'll tailor it for free which gives you half a chance whether it's £60 or 600. And black shoes only for work or a dinner suit.

Jimmy Calderwood walks into Slaters and asks the assistant 'have you got a suit that'll fit me?'

I fucking hope not was the reply.

It's just like anything, if you buy something cheap the chances are it'll be shite. Even the trampyest c**t(not saying you are) can look good in a nice tailored suit so if the OP feels he needs to put a suit on for Newcastle I say go for it. You'll stick out like a sore thumb.

Not really practical if you plan on getting in a state though :lol:

Odds on the jacket getting left somewhere?

If you'r not going to spend at least £600 on a suit then forget about it, it's not worth your while; you would want to spend double that to get something really nice.

Sound advice, but does the OP want to spend that much on something which is likely to end up covered in blood, snotters, fake tan and brown ale?

Sorry chaps. Not started a thread before. Made an Arse of this.

Genuine help needed. Got a night out next month in Newcastle with the boys from work and there all wearing suits. Me, I have never worn a suit not my kinda thing. Trainers jeans polo shirt or coat for me normally but need to look a bit smart. Was thinking some nice brown dress shoes some trousers and a white shirt.

Any ideas please?!?

Buy a suit. Ted Baker level or above. Not one of the £50-£100 court suits.

In a similar vein, do people still wear suits to work? I gave up the suit on favour of trousers, shirt and jumper around 2011.

I just could not be fucked making an effort anymore. Next time I have a suit on or purchase a new suit will be when I need a new job.

Archived