Power of Attorney

Romeo

Right troops.

Me and Mrs Romeo are in the position of having to organise POA for a relative with serious health issues (her maw).

In addition the hilarious responses do any of you guys have any experience of doing this, associated costs or other useful info?

Ta much.

Edited by Romeo

Go to a solicitor and go asap. As has been mentioned going through the courts is a nightmare..

The actual process is straightforward and not too expensive.

You and your wife should do it for each other as well imo.

My only advice would be to get this sorted as soon as possible while she is able to do so.

The alternative, which my missus has just gone through, is applying to the courts for Guardianship. That is a f*cking nightmare.

Yeah, it's getting to the stage where we need to get this done.

Send me £1400 plus VAT and I'll sort it out for you.

Sound too cheap mate, you sure you don't want any more?

You need to contact the mob on the link below - had to organise it a few years ago for a relative. No idea if the process is still the same, but I do remember there being a f**k of a big form you have to fill in...

http://www.publicguardian-scotland.gov.uk/

Great will check that out

You and your wife should do it for each other as well imo.

I'm gonna do it for her later hopefully.

Might even look at power of attorney.

Seriously though, we are deffo gonna look in to this as my son constantly tells me that i'll be getting put into a "panorama nursing home" :shutup

ETA Would be really interested in hearing if anyone has gone through the process and what the expected cost might be, wife has a horror story of someone in her work being charged 1k, might be bullshit but I know that is massively fucked up.

Edited by Romeo

I'm gonna do it for her later hopefully.

Might even look at power of attorney.

Seriously though, we are deffo gonna look in to this as my son constantly tells me that i'll be getting put into a "panorama nursing home" :shutup

ETA Would be really interested in hearing if anyone has gone through the process and what the expected cost might be, wife has a horror story of someone in her work being charged 1k, might be bullshit but I know that is massively fucked up.

I'm sure I've heard someone saying it was around £400.