who is going to win the english prem

mikey mince

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Spurs may do it, although a lot depends on the next 5 games, Leicester have a much easier run in those games so may open up a bit of a gap, if it's still only 2/3 points after that then I think Spurs momentum will see them to the title. Arsenal should really have done it this year but the bottle has been going for weeks now and a lucky win against Leicester doesn't really change that. Man city are too far back I feel, they may well go on a run but I don't think all 3 teams will drop enough points to let them win it.

Not sure the Leicester win was down to luck. Was more to do with Leicester blowing it for themselves.

Luck was probably the wrong word, I meant that they were terrible until the sending off and a last minute goal saved the day. They haven't looked like credible title winners for a while now.

It would be fucking hysterical to see the "what does it all meeeeean?!" soul-searching from the sports press if Leicester became champions. The duopoly here was chronic, but it's been about as long since anyone other than an established superclub won down south too. Blackburn don't count due to the money they spent...maybe Leeds in '92, but they'd been one of the big boys as recently as twenty years prior. You'd have to go back to Villa in 1981 for a genuinely leftfield title winner.

Guaranteed re-run of the bitching about Blackburn ruining England's European coefficient too :rolleyes:

Leicester winning it would be a shot in the arm for the league. They should already be giving more midcarders the belief that they can challenge the established hierarchy without out-spending them.

Until Pep shows up and sweeps all before him if he's as good as everyone seems to think.

I'm a lazy bugger and can't be arsed working it out. So how far out are we from Leicester City qualifying automatically for the CL next season? Suppose a wee while yet?

No it doesn't, because a United team that shite doing it would only cement that point.

Yeah but United winning 14 titles out of the 23 seasons doesn't really scream a variety of teams can win our league.

I'm a lazy bugger and can't be arsed working it out. So how far out are we from Leicester City qualifying automatically for the CL next season? Suppose a wee while yet?

They're currently 9 points ahead of 4th place with 33 left to play for. 12 points ahead of 5th.

With current momentum you'd have to say Spurs, but they've got two tough games coming up (yes, I know Arsenal's current form...but derbies are another matter) and could have lost the gap they have by this time next week. If they get 4 or even 6 points out of those I think you'd have to say they were favourites.

Leicester do have a decent few games coming up though.

As for my own preference I am torn between the romance of Leicester winning it, against the sheer seethe from Arsenal fans if Spurs won it. I've got a few Arsenal supporting mates down here and they are already getting very nervous.

Arsenal might be worth a flutter. Always tend to finish well

They only finish well if they've started the season so badly that by the halfway point they're well out of the title picture.

In the last few seasons any of those in which Arsenal were challengers saw them drop silly points near the end while their rivals didn't.

Agree with craigkillie that as long as City don't win it I'll be happy.

It would be fucking hysterical to see the "what does it all meeeeean?!" soul-searching from the sports press if Leicester became champions. The duopoly here was chronic, but it's been about as long since anyone other than an established superclub won down south too. Blackburn don't count due to the money they spent...maybe Leeds in '92, but they'd been one of the big boys as recently as twenty years prior. You'd have to go back to Villa in 1981 for a genuinely leftfield title winner.

Guaranteed re-run of the bitching about Blackburn ruining England's European coefficient too :rolleyes:

Man City? Chelsea?

Edit: :lol: Nevermind,completely misread your post.

Archived