Partick Thistle vs Aberdeen - 08/03/16

Amoo was superb for them tonight, really impressed.

How many fouls did Osman commit on a booking.

Hope Thistle show the same determination on Sat.

Officials utter utter shite yet again.

Dont know how we won that.

Time for the home support to turn up and cheer the team on. Could be a big day.

#COYR

i also hope Aberdeen show the same determination on Saturday especially if they go a goal down

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barry Robson will single-handedly win the Scottish Premiership for Aberdeen. 

He single-handedly dragged Celtic to a title kicking and screaming 8 years ago and got no thanks for it from some of their fans because he's Scottish. It would be glorious if he could be part of an Aberdeen team winning it ahead of Celtic to get it right up them.

Up ye, Timmy.

What?

I'm happy that my polite prodding of Aberdeen to up their game resulted in the team I (begrudgingly, because wouldn't they be insufferable) want to win the league, not tossing it away. My mortal enemies also suffered a painful home loss.

If this all constitutes the proverbial 'up me' then I'll happily have it up me regularly.

He single-handedly dragged Celtic to a title kicking and screaming 8 years ago and got no thanks for it from some of their fans because he's Scottish. It would be glorious if he could be part of an Aberdeen team winning it ahead of Celtic to get it right up them.

Well that's just nonsense.

What is Shinnie doing letting his hair grow to that length ffs?  I used to love his neat, trendy cuts.  Looks like he's growing it for a man bun IMO.

After over coming the feeling of getting booted in the baws last night I can say I enjoyed the game.

Thought Amo was immense, Fraser had a good first half but seemed to tire in the second. Understandable since he's been out for a while. Welsh and Pogba had a good game aswell. Defence turned off for the two goals which was disappointing.

That said Aberdeen are a good side, think Shinnie is a quality player. Had a feeling at the beginning of the week we would take at least a point from Aberdeen or Celtic so pleased Aberdeen got the winner meaning we will Defo take points off Celtic.

Nice of us to stop defending for 5 minutes in order to keep Aberdeen's title challenge alive. Back to being cuddly again?

Very frustrating last night, as up until the lapses at the back, I thought we were the better team and worth our lead. Amoo continued where he left off at Tynecastle with another good showing, and it was nice to to see Gary Fraser back in the side offering the sort of drive from the middle of the park that we don't normally have.

I hope we can keep the level of performance up for the Celtic game, but most likely we'll fold and get beaten 3-0.

What?

I'm happy that my polite prodding of Aberdeen to up their game resulted in the team I (begrudgingly, because wouldn't they be insufferable) want to win the league, not tossing it away. My mortal enemies also suffered a painful home loss.

If this all constitutes the proverbial 'up me' then I'll happily have it up me regularly.

Mortal enemies😃. You sad w****r. Go outside.

Well thank f**k for that.

Difficult watching.

First 45 I thought we were good but failed to capitalise on our dominance.  Mclean should have done better with his chance and Church's looked tricky in fairness.

Second half as has been said Thistle came out batling and looked much sharper for the first 15 minutes.  It clearly got to us and we stopped connecting passes etc.  Amoo gave Considine a torrid time (Shinnie at LB where possible please) but I thought Pogba caused Reynolds a lot of problems which allowed him to link up with Amoo all night.  Reynolds just wasn't decisive in anything he did.  Concerning run of form from him.

Fantastic goal from Lawless, enough said.  Maybe shouldn't have been allowed the time and space but cracking strike.

We did benefit from some poor defending for our goals but Church header superb.  Great celebrations at the 2nd too.  Managed to spot myself celebrating like a lunatic on the red tv highlights  :thumsup2  :thumsup2

Final point.  By f**k some of our support are negative when things aren't going our way.  We've got 9 games left in what could be a special season, whatever happens now they have done us proud and they deserve our backing.  When we were 1-0 down folk behind me shouting 'get yourself to f**k Jack' every time he touched the ball.  Very helpful lads.

COYR, onto Killie.

Not on TV because UEFA are a bunch of utter c***s.  

A #mustwin game for the Dandy Dons so we can narrow the gap on the victims. 

2-1 nervy win, I trust Thistle will lie down to the red juggernaut? 

Oracle ^

Difficult watching.

First 45 I thought we were good but failed to capitalise on our dominance. Mclean should have done better with his chance and Church's looked tricky in fairness.

Second half as has been said Thistle came out batling and looked much sharper for the first 15 minutes. It clearly got to us and we stopped connecting passes etc. Amoo gave Considine a torrid time (Shinnie at LB where possible please) but I thought Pogba caused Reynolds a lot of problems which allowed him to link up with Amoo all night. Reynolds just wasn't decisive in anything he did. Concerning run of form from him.

Fantastic goal from Lawless, enough said. Maybe shouldn't have been allowed the time and space but cracking strike.

We did benefit from some poor defending for our goals but Church header superb. Great celebrations at the 2nd too. Managed to spot myself celebrating like a lunatic on the red tv highlights :thumsup2:thumsup2

Final point. By f**k some of our support are negative when things aren't going our way. We've got 9 games left in what could be a special season, whatever happens now they have done us proud and they deserve our backing. When we were 1-0 down folk behind me shouting 'get yourself to f**k Jack' every time he touched the ball. Very helpful lads.

COYR, onto Killie.

Have you never noticed we have a large number of morons in our support? One nugget was shouting repeatedly that McInnes needed to get his hands out his pockets.

Superb win last night, and without tempting fate, always saw this as our toughest game till tynecastle. Hope Robson isn't fucked as massive argument to have him starting next few weeks as was yet again superb and won us the game.

Hope the negative b*****ds change the habit of a lifetime and roar the team on on Saturday. This team deserves much more support than it is getting.

COYR

Have you never noticed we have a large number of morons in our support? One nugget was shouting repeatedly that McInnes needed to get his hands out his pockets.

Superb win last night, and without tempting fate, always saw this as our toughest game till tynecastle. Hope Robson isn't fucked as massive argument to have him starting next few weeks as was yet again superb and won us the game.

Hope the negative b*****ds change the habit of a lifetime and roar the team on on Saturday. This team deserves much more support than it is getting.

COYR

I have indeed.  I said similar after the ROss Conty home game this season when we were terrible first half.  The amount the crowd got on the teams back was criminal then too.

Difficult watching.

First 45 I thought we were good but failed to capitalise on our dominance.  Mclean should have done better with his chance and Church's looked tricky in fairness.

Second half as has been said Thistle came out batling and looked much sharper for the first 15 minutes.  It clearly got to us and we stopped connecting passes etc.  Amoo gave Considine a torrid time (Shinnie at LB where possible please) but I thought Pogba caused Reynolds a lot of problems which allowed him to link up with Amoo all night.  Reynolds just wasn't decisive in anything he did.  Concerning run of form from him.

Fantastic goal from Lawless, enough said.  Maybe shouldn't have been allowed the time and space but cracking strike.

We did benefit from some poor defending for our goals but Church header superb.  Great celebrations at the 2nd too.  Managed to spot myself celebrating like a lunatic on the red tv highlights  :thumsup2  :thumsup2

Final point.  By f**k some of our support are negative when things aren't going our way.  We've got 9 games left in what could be a special season, whatever happens now they have done us proud and they deserve our backing.  When we were 1-0 down folk behind me shouting 'get yourself to f**k Jack' every time he touched the ball.  Very helpful lads.

COYR, onto Killie.

That was the case back in the 1960s and 70s, too.

I have indeed. I said similar after the ROss Conty home game this season when we were terrible first half. The amount the crowd got on the teams back was criminal then too.

One cnt was overheard saying he wouldn't be back after our draw with saints.

Honestly wonder what world our support occupies at times.

I see Rooney was commenting on it last night too.

Nine games to go. Let's vocally back the team whatever happens. And let's pack out Pittodrie. Every game is a cup final and the fans have no right to criticise the players if they aren't playing a positive role themselves.

Great bounce last night, can't wait till Saturday.n

Difficult watching.

COYR, onto Killie.

Though I haven't shouted it, I must admit I've thought those exact words a number of times this season.............

A frustrating night.  Would say we deserved more from it, but when you defend well enough for 88 minutes, but shit the bed for 2 then you won't win.  Credit to Aberdeen, I don't remember them having that many chances, but they took the two they scored from well.

Would love to see replays of the Lawless strike, looked a wonderful hit from where I was sitting.

Pogba continues to flatter to deceive for me.  He seems to do one thing well, and that's laying off first time from his feet into an on-rushing Amoo.  Everything else he seems to struggle with.  He can't/won't really jump, which limits his abilities to win  headers.  If he tries a first touch that isn't a lay-off, it's usually pretty poor.  And although he is a nuisance to defenders, I don't think he's as much of a nuisance as he could be.  If the rumours of an automatic extension are true, I  honestly wouldn't play him, as I think we can get better for the same money next season.

Thought it was a bit harsh taking Fraser off late on.  He looked like he had a point to prove, and the ball he played in the first half that Pogba lumbered onto was wonderful.  I'd have taken Welsh off - he had a not bad game, but would rather have kept Fraser around.

Doolan's chance should have been hit earlier.  Looked a pretty bad miss first off, but think he took one too many touches, and at that point it was either put it way wide (which he did) or at the keeper who had closed down well.

One big positive though was that we didn't do the usual shit the bed routine.  Too often we've gone ahead, or been level, and we just withdraw and withdraw until they inevitably score.  We had two big lapses yesterday, but otherwise we looked good, played pretty positively.  While I don't think we'll get anything against Celtic, if we go out and play largely like we did last night, then there's no reason we can't cause them problems.

Though I haven't shouted it, I must admit I've thought those exact words a number of times this season.............

I understand the frustration with Jack this season, he hasn't been at his best by any stretch just think in the position we're in the team deserve more even if we're not playing great.

Archived