Partick Thistle vs Aberdeen - 08/03/16

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last century.

I know your pain. Been what...19 years since we beat the filth at Ibrox. That said, I'd happily let that one sit to never see them back in the top league.

Fair enough but as I said I havent seen him play alot but what I have seen is good. As much as I hate Celtic I can admit when I see a good player. Hopefully Amoo rips him to shreds. Been generations since we beat them. Its all in the mind, if we can can play to our potential we can get something. Punt that wee dick Griffiths up int the air early doors set the tone.

It's understandable that fans see players differently. Celtic probably play differently against us than they do against you. Without intending to be big-headed, he probably doesn't seem as good to us, because we currently have a better left back ourselves. That said, any half decent winger will have a good time against him.

Then again, it's fairly easy to deal with a team with one good winger (unless you put Considine up against him). Not sure who your left winger is, but that said, Lustig ain't great either.

You also may have the added bonus that Ambrose plays? I believe Boyata is suspended?

We shit the bed against Celtic.

Sorry guys. We'll get rolled over with ease.

The bed-shitting starts when we give their support the entire Jackie Husband Stand, relinquishing any semblance of home advantage. Just give them the main stand like every other away support. We've been forever on our knees against Celtic for 2 decades.

I am happy with that outcome after we didn't play our best. With McGinn a surprise absentee and Pawlett injured, it was great to see Hayes back - he was our biggest threat tonight.

McLean should have scored in the first half and Church looked unlucky to hit the bar. Not to worry - we took our chances in the second half. That's 4 in 6 for Charlotte now. Impressive.

Good of Robson to get off the bench for 20 mins to make a couple of assists and then return to his seat in the dugout for a cigar and an ice pack.

Jags showed us again they are a decent outfit not to be under estimated. They pressed us well and used the ball smartly. Amoo and Pogba caused us some problems and the Lawless rasper was awfah bonnie. Same again on Saturday, and they should fancy their chances.

In corporate for this one, however being the responsible driver, so won't be able to get slaughtered, a damn shame. Was very impressed with Thistle at Christmas time, their setup was magnificent in restricting us, and this is a considerable test of the team and any "credentials" we may have to actually challenge.

I would expect that if Hayes is fit, he will play, to give us more attacking threat. Robson may well drop out for Storie or Flood also. A shame, as Robson was excellent at Tannadice, but wonder if the legs will hold up against the more imposing players of Thistle like Osman. As such, my team would ideally be: Brown; Logan, Taylor, Considine, Shinnie; Storie/Robson, Jack; McGinn, McLean, Hayes; Church.

For Thistle, I would expect to be facing Pogba as the striker tomorrow night, with Welsh and Osman in the centre of the park, Lawless causing good threat down either wing. We will need to be sharper in the counter attack than we were at Pittodrie to break down Seaborne, Lindsay and Cerny, while Dumbuya looks an excellent player too.

Reckon this one will finish 2-1 to the Famous, Church and Considine for us, Doolan pulling one back off the bench to setup a nervous ending.

Hope you had either of them to score anytime and that result.

In corporate for this one, however being the responsible driver, so won't be able to get slaughtered, a damn shame. Was very impressed with Thistle at Christmas time, their setup was magnificent in restricting us, and this is a considerable test of the team and any "credentials" we may have to actually challenge.

I would expect that if Hayes is fit, he will play, to give us more attacking threat. Robson may well drop out for Storie or Flood also. A shame, as Robson was excellent at Tannadice, but wonder if the legs will hold up against the more imposing players of Thistle like Osman. As such, my team would ideally be: Brown; Logan, Taylor, Considine, Shinnie; Storie/Robson, Jack; McGinn, McLean, Hayes; Church.

For Thistle, I would expect to be facing Pogba as the striker tomorrow night, with Welsh and Osman in the centre of the park, Lawless causing good threat down either wing. We will need to be sharper in the counter attack than we were at Pittodrie to break down Seaborne, Lindsay and Cerny, while Dumbuya looks an excellent player too.

Reckon this one will finish 2-1 to the Famous, Church and Considine for us, Doolan pulling one back off the bench to setup a nervous ending.

Lotto numbers for tomorrow please

That's a good hit from Lawless, looks even better on the RedTV highlights. Storie was a bit off the pace there, he should have been snapping at him. Probably didn't expect it, but that's the learning curve coming up from the development league. He'll learn from that. Good hit.

Poor defending for the Dons first goalt. Open at the back post, criminal. I'd be raging. In fact, I have been in the past...

The second was probably a difficult one to defend as you wouldn't expect a headed goal from that position. Still, he was free in the box; pretty poor.

Need to sharpen up against the victims.

That's a good hit from Lawless, looks even better on the RedTV highlights. Storie was a bit off the pace there, he should have been snapping at him. Probably didn't expect it, but that's the learning curve coming up from the development league. He'll learn from that. Good hit.

Poor defending for the Dons first goalt. Open at the back post, criminal. I'd be raging. In fact, I have been in the past...

The second was probably a difficult one to defend as you wouldn't expect a headed goal from that position. Still, he was free in the box; pretty poor.

Need to sharpen up against the victims.

The more I watch it, the more I think the Thistle defence were awful. Four players in a wee group, supposedly trying to defend the corner, and still Church has two yards free space and gets his head on it. Fair play, it's an unlikely one to go in the net, but the rule is for defenders, you attack the ball.

Like I say though, Celtic are absolute garbage. Man the f**k up, and do them...

pretty pish from Seaborne at the first one, doesn't clear the ball properly then scuffs the header when the ball comes back in.

Second one, Doolan loses his man, good accuracy and power on the header from Church though

The more I watch it, the more I think the Thistle defence were awful. Four players in a wee group, supposedly trying to defend the corner, and still Church has two yards free space and gets his head on it. Fair play, it's an unlikely one to go in the net, but the rule is for defenders, you attack the ball.

Like I say though, Celtic are absolute garbage. Man the f**k up, and do them...

Amoo was superb for them tonight, really impressed.

How many fouls did Osman commit on a booking.

Hope Thistle show the same determination on Sat.

Officials utter utter shite yet again.

Dont know how we won that.

Time for the home support to turn up and cheer the team on. Could be a big day.

#COYR

Defending for the goals was shite. We're normally better than that.

Lindsay could have prevented the corner with a little bit more effort.

His many times did he get himself into trouble by letting the ball bounce? It was like watching Balatoni again.

Frans back for Saturday please.

Just home. Great night, made very welcome in Munn's bar by Jags fans. By christ the toilets were horrible though. That Amoo guy didna half roast Consodine.

Some goal by Lawless. 

Referee was shite.

We moan to much about referees,

Killie next.

Archived