Dumbarton (0) v Alloa Athletic

Can't understand dropping the guy who has been our best and most consistent defender since the turn of the year in Hamilton. I can only assume he's carrying an injury.

I agree with you on Hammy. He has certainly improved as the season has went on. Hetherington is a steady LB but he is a better midfielder. Hopefully Peterhead stay down and the Binos come up to at least make the seaside leagues interesting next season

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A very welcome win and I can't add anything about Nade that hasn't been said. He's now second top scorer after just six games. Good to see us ride it out with ten men. I can't think of the last time we won with a man down. Anyone know?

In truth we were going down before tonight but that's us truly fucked now. Seems that Nade was a man inspired but very frustrating to lose a soft goal early, battle back then concede within a minute and then lose another early in the 2nd half. After our recent improved form we have lost the two crunch games against the teams directly above us 3-1. Very disappointing indeed. I'm still hoping we can grab another win or two to improve the points tally.

Even though Dumbarton have caused us a lot of frustration in recent years, signed a couple of favourites from us and caused me a wasted 12 hour round trip last week because of their shite pitch, it's still hard to dislike the Sons fans on here. I hope you see off Livingston and secure 8th place.

That bit about finding it hard to dislike the Sons fans doesn't apply to you, Moonster.

Enjoy Ayr, Waspie.

A very welcome win and I can't add anything about Nade that hasn't been said. He's now second top scorer after just six games. Good to see us ride it out with ten men. I can't think of the last time we won with a man down. Anyone know?

I think it was Livingston 2-3 Sons 9th February 2013 - Gils got a straight red for timewasting as he was subbed.

Bryan Prunty also scored a rather decent goal that day...!

Before that it was James Creaney - Falkirk 3-4 Dumbarton - December 29th 2012. Ian Murray's first game in charge!

Both were near the end though, so that's the longest we've held out with ten men for quite some time I reckon. But I need some sleep and can't be bothered digging deeper!

Nade.. nuff said. Surprised Collum didn't try to make the game more about him, that being said it looked a definite red from my angle.

Heard someone shout '..Sake, look like your trying' about 80sh minutes in :huh:.No pleasing some folk.

The guy who said that is an absolute fanny and I hope he sees this. Always spouting absolute crap.

:lol: Nade is hilarious. When your club signs him, you're thinking "he's useless". Then he'll score for fun against Hibs and get goals regularly. One of the funniest moments of last season was him going taps aff at Easter Road in the first game after all the fat jibes. Then in the second game there, he got us a draw in the most one sided game I've ever seen. We got ripped apart by Hibs, who then Hibsed it up and Nade decided to pile in another. 

We didn't play badly by any means, but the problems associated with a team rooted to the bottom were clear. Conceded a poor opener, then fell behind again almost instantly after scoring an excellent equaliser. At times we were looking for a break or a bit of luck that doesn't evade you with a bit more belief and confidence. Hetherington and Megginson both did well though.

Nade was excellent. That third goal was a cracker.

Echo Waspies sentiment earlier in the thread. Dumbarton boys a good bunch of lads. And despite being in somewhat direct opposition in terms of aims etc for the past 3 years, not a single bit of needle between the clubs or supporters.

Thought like that too mate. Hasn't happened though.

Been another tough season for Cowdenbeath. It doesn't look like a particularly strong league though and with the correct recruitment, and not appointing Colin Nish as manager, it should be possible to do well.

Archived