Dumbarton (0) v Alloa Athletic

Lunge apparently. Straight red. Not there but heard it was a 'seen them given' and 'seen them not' kinda challenge.

Aye, he went in a bit recklessly and slipped on the pitch. Collum looked absolutely buzzing to get the red out.

Anyway, Nadè is pretty much my favourite ever Sons player. His first was right footed wasn't it?

Moonster, your St Mirren season ticket's in the post.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye, he went in a bit recklessly and slipped on the pitch. Collum looked absolutely buzzing to get the red out.

He does that a lot. Running in with his hand desperately trying to grab the card.

You watch good refs down South take a moment to think about it.

Case and point being the red card for Everton against West Ham.

Must be 30 seconds between challenge and the 2nd yellow.

It may well have been a red (I didn't have a great view) but Collum looked utterly gantin to whip the red out.

He had the same sinister look on his face I'd expect from a sex predator closing in on a victim. Horrible, horrible cretin of a man who takes pleasure from dishing out reds. The Scottish version of Kim Jong Un.

Good result and a not too bad performance.

Alloa played pretty well but were less impressive up front.

Sorry to say it, but I think we've lost our part-time colleagues, unless Livingston implode (fingers crossed).

Pass marks to most players tonight. Nade was hungry for goals tonight. MOTM was an easy pick.

Nade easy choice but thought Barr and Buchanan had good second half when Alloa had ball.

Not sure if red card but could have been but in any event a ridiculous challenge and could have been costly .routledge really has to have a look at himself.

Old Gary Fleming on park tonight too

Nade.. nuff said. Surprised Collum didn't try to make the game more about him, that being said it looked a definite red from my angle.

Heard someone shout '..Sake, look like your trying' about 80sh minutes in  :huh:.No pleasing some folk.

Mssed the third for a bridie and a bovril ffs.

Fleming looked fit, hope he is. Bucky played well, as did barr, jamie and nade.

That, i think, is our strongest eleven. Only positions in dispute would be rb and goalie.

Would have taken 6 points from hibs, livvy and alloa. Only disappointment being the performance and defeat to livvy.

Onwards, and upwards?

Fleming was excellent tonight, far more like his old self.

Stevie Saunders looked stoned half the time :lol:

Saunders & Barr had a bit of a heated slanging match when a pass went awry. Don't think they get on, either that or its good to hear a bit of passion between teammates.

Anyway, great result tonight Sons.

Saunders & Barr had a bit of a heated slanging match when a pass went awry. Don't think they get on, either that or its good to hear a bit of passion between teammates.

Anyway, great result tonight Sons.

To be honest I'd have gone ape at Saunders for the amount of passes he sent awry, and the amount of times balls were played over his head and he looked lost! Good to hear Darren getting tore in, as long as it's nothing personal that can only be a good thing.

I think *and only think* that was the Nadmeister's first career hat-trick. It's certainly his first in Britain.

To be honest I'd have gone ape at Saunders for the amount of passes he sent awry, and the amount of times balls were played over his head and he looked lost! Good to hear Darren getting tore in, as long as it's nothing personal that can only be a good thing.

I think *and only think* that was the Nadmeister's first career hat-trick. It's certainly his first in Britain.

Been off form, the past couple of matches Saunders.

Nice Nade stat ðŸ‘

In truth we were going down before tonight but that's us truly fucked now. Seems that Nade was a man inspired but very frustrating to lose a soft goal early, battle back then concede within a minute and then lose another early in the 2nd half. After our recent improved form we have lost the two crunch games against the teams directly above us 3-1. Very disappointing indeed. I'm still hoping we can grab another win or two to improve the points tally.

Even though Dumbarton have caused us a lot of frustration in recent years, signed a couple of favourites from us and caused me a wasted 12 hour round trip last week because of their shite pitch, it's still hard to dislike the Sons fans on here. I hope you see off Livingston and secure 8th place.

That bit about finding it hard to dislike the Sons fans doesn't apply to you, Moonster.

Nade was outstanding tonight. Took his goals really well and deserved his man of the match. The header for the 2nd was perfect - powerful and pinpoint accuracy.

A few good performers tonight and a few who weren't that great. Barr had another solid game in the middle of the park. Bucky and Wright were ok at the back. Fleming wasnt at his best but was leaps and bounds better than he has been recently.

On the down side, Lindsay is lost playing wide left and only really came into the game when moved to midfield. In the middle of the park he excelled. Cawley always seems to want one touch too many and usually ends up missing the best pass. Saunders looked out of sorts.

But overall we played reasonably well and had a clear stand out.

I even thought Collum had an ok game. Can't complain about the sending off - it was a bit on the reckless side and thats all you need these days. I thought he generally tried to keep the game under control without resorting to endless bookings and he wasn't overly fussy in a fair few incidents that others refs may well have blown as fouls. He's done his job well when theres nothing that really stands out as a mistake.

We needed that tonight. After the horror show that was Livi away, we needed to win and Nade's hattrick will hopefully be a confidence booster.

Very good win, performance secondary, but it's the win that matters. Alloa were decent and looked sharp for the first five minutes, but once we scored, they changed into looking like a side that's going down and they looked sluggish as well, as if they'd played for an hour right before the game kicked off. I think Nade's opener really took the wind out of their sails.

Nade? What can be said? He was and is awesome.

The red card was the correct decision, 100%. It was a high, two-footed lunge and it certainly did his teammates no favours at all.

It wasn't pretty from our perspective, but it got the job done and that's all that matters. A good three point's away from Livi now with another big one coming up on Saturday, our other game in hand on Livi, so let's hope we can take something from Falkirk and continue our battle to avoid 9th place.

Archived