Dumbarton (0) v Alloa Athletic

I think it was Livingston 2-3 Sons 9th February 2013 - Gils got a straight red for timewasting as he was subbed.

Bryan Prunty also scored a rather decent goal that day...!

Before that it was James Creaney - Falkirk 3-4 Dumbarton - December 29th 2012. Ian Murray's first game in charge!

Both were near the end though, so that's the longest we've held out with ten men for quite some time I reckon. But I need some sleep and can't be bothered digging deeper!

So with ten men and a hat-trick in the same game, we've managed both for the first time in three years in one game. Not too shabby!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very pleased with that victory and particularly Nade's goal scoring performance. Interesting that people should remark on Garry's improved performance as he played up front in a 4-4-2 until the sending off.

An off night for Jamie Ewings but I'd still keep him in the side for Saturday.

Buchanan was a bit shaky for the second game in a row. If we'd been playing a decent side last night we'd have been punished.

I suppose we complain usually about over officious refs but Collum was far to much the other way. He missed Cawley being almost cut in half a few yards from him which was both a foul and a booking at least. No complaints about the sending off and one can only wonder what Routledge was thinking, tackling like that in the middle of the park when leading 3-1.

Anyone find it a bit odd that Osei-Obengo wasn't mentioned in the match preview, doesn't have a profile on the website and doesn't seem to have been mentioned at all.

I'm calling it now that we won't see or hear of him again. I don't know why, I just have a feeling that'll he'll be even more mysterious than Stevie Ross.

Anyone find it a bit odd that Osei-Obengo wasn't mentioned in the match preview, doesn't have a profile on the website and doesn't seem to have been mentioned at all.

I'm calling it now that we won't see or hear of him again. I don't know why, I just have a feeling that'll he'll be even more mysterious than Stevie Ross.

I reckon he's been deemed 'surplus to requirements', now that big Christian is hitting Warp Factor 7

An off night for Jamie Ewings but I'd still keep him in the side for Saturday.

I suppose we complain usually about over officious refs but Collum was far to much the other way. He missed Cawley being almost cut in half a few yards from him which was both a foul and a booking at least. No complaints about the sending off and one can only wonder what Routledge was thinking, tackling like that in the middle of the park when leading 3-1.

He's had a couple of decent games against us over the years, but agree that Ewings was ropey all night- if only we had a bit of height/presence to test him a bit more than we did.

Collum did let a few wee things go that may have been pulled up by others, but didnt think it was to the detriment of the game, I actually thought it helped. He did get a couple of decisions wrong concerning Nade and our centre halfs- both ways. But overall didnt see too much issue with him. He still seems to love the limelight, and wants to be the star of the show though. Near the end where Dougie Hill made the last ditch tackle, and there were a few appeals- he sprints the length of the pitch remonstrating a hilariously exaggerated big circular ball motion.

Red card looked an absolute stick on as mentioned. Pretty needless, and right in front of the ref.

I reckon he's been deemed 'surplus to requirements', now that big Christian is hitting Warp Factor 7

Quite literally he has big boots to fill if he ever came on for Nadè. I wouldn't want to be in that position either!

He's had a couple of decent games against us over the years, but agree that Ewings was ropey all night- if only we had a bit of height/presence to test him a bit more than we did.

Collum did let a few wee things go that may have been pulled up by others, but didnt think it was to the detriment of the game, I actually thought it helped. He did get a couple of decisions wrong concerning Nade and our centre halfs- both ways. But overall didnt see too much issue with him. He still seems to love the limelight, and wants to be the star of the show though. Near the end where Dougie Hill made the last ditch tackle, and there were a few appeals- he sprints the length of the pitch remonstrating a hilariously exaggerated big circular ball motion.

Red card looked an absolute stick on as mentioned. Pretty needless, and right in front of the ref.

Collum sprinting down to do the ball motion summed up why he is so hated within the game. Utterly unnecessary and presumably just did it for the attention.

Why did we get a free kick when the linesman flagged Saunders as being offside - when he wasn't - in about the last 5 minutes? That was bizarre.

Aside from those things he actually had quite a good game imo, I like a ref who is lenient and lets the game flow which he did. Even if he did seem a bit scared to give any fouls early on.

Quite literally he has big boots to fill if he ever came on for Nadè. I wouldn't want to be in that position either!

Collum sprinting down to do the ball motion summed up why he is so hated within the game. Utterly unnecessary and presumably just did it for the attention.

Why did we get a free kick when the linesman flagged Saunders as being offside - when he wasn't - in about the last 5 minutes? That was bizarre.

Aside from those things he actually had quite a good game imo, I like a ref who is lenient and lets the game flow which he did. Even if he did seem a bit scared to give any fouls early on.

I don't think the linesman did flag for offside. There was a foul but an advantage was played and when it came to nothing I think the linesman flagged for the foul. Or else Collum told the linesman it was a foul and he was bringing it back

I don't think the linesman did flag for offside. There was a foul but an advantage was played and when it came to nothing I think the linesman flagged for the foul. Or else Collum told the linesman it was a foul and he was bringing it back

See, from where I was he brought his flag up in the offside way - gently and above his head - our players complained, the Alloa 'keeper came out to take the goal kick and Collum told Taggart and Saunders to get on with it!

I think you must be right in that the linesman gave an offside as Collum played the advantage so the ball was brought back.

The goals are better in the footage than I recall them from last night. A really good header for the 2nd, although largely due to a fantastic ball from The Mantis.

It probably sounds a bit cliched, but Nade really seems to be enjoying himself at the moment, he's on really good form. I wonder what the chances would be of us keeping him for next season.

Good win and a vital three points. Not a great performance by any stretch, but the win is what matters. Another big one this weekend, it's our game in hand against Livi so here's hoping we can take something and at least make Falkirk work for any result they aim to get.

Apparently there's a guy currently cycling thro France with S-O-O's international clearance papers - he's just stopped at McDonald's in Rouen. 

Seriously, having just checked the News Archive I noticed that he is actually shorter than Stevie Aitken, which just about makes him the love-child Gary McCutcheon never knew he had.  I'm guessing that a gust of reality/common sense/horror has blown across the CID, and he'll join Darren Miller in the 2015/16 Ghost Eleven. 

Apparently there's a guy currently cycling thro France with S-O-O's international clearance papers - he's just stopped at McDonald's in Rouen. 

Seriously, having just checked the News Archive I noticed that he is actually shorter than Stevie Aitken, which just about makes him the love-child Gary McCutcheon never knew he had.  I'm guessing that a gust of reality/common sense/horror has blown across the CID, and he'll join Darren Miller in the 2015/16 Ghost Eleven. 

Speaking of Darren Miller, I'm sure I saw him putting up some scaffolding yesterday. I'm sure that's what his job is, but I wimped out of asking the guy if he was called Darren  :lol:

#666 forever

The stand side lino looked an absolute bag of nerves. He didn't know what to do.

With the offside/free kick incident he raised his flag in the classic offside motion. I'm not sure if he was actually flagging for a free kick and made an arse of the flag movement.

Perhaps he forgot how to raise his flag, panicked and just gave any decision before explaining himself over his earpiece thingy to Collum

Archived