The All New 2016 MLB Thread

lichtie23

I can't believe this is happening.

We are really finding our touch with the bat again and I'd say the Indians are in real trouble.

Earlier in the series it was as if our big hitters were solely focused on smashing in home runs rather than getting men on bases and in positions to score. Now we're back to getting people on base and knocking in runs.

I'm so nervous about this game 7. I genuinely didn't see this coming 3 games ago.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was live at Game 1 with my Cleveland fan friend from Alaska.

I'm trying to decide whether to drive to Chicago tonight. 8 hours. I have 2 Cubs fans friends in Indiana, but neither of them can afford to skip out on work and none of my baseball fan friends here want to go. What should I do? I haven't been to sleep yet. Cubs winning the World Series in Chicago and Castro dying in Miami will be the two biggest USA city-wide parties of my lifetime. I think I'm just gonna go to sleep and watch the game on tv like a lameass.

What an incredible series this has been. Great fightback from the cubs from 3-1 down and carrying a lot of momentum into Game 7. Clearly its destiny for either team to break a long drought with a dramatic game 7 win. If it stays a close game down to the end i'm not sure i'll be able to handle that kind of stress...

Indians have got Kluber and all the best bullpen arms ready for tonight's game, although Kluber is pitching for the third time in 8 days. Cubs will have have Hendricks and then Lester/Lackey available from the pen with Chapman to finish off at the end. It'll be all hands on deck for both teams though so i'd expect about a million pitching changes unless somebody is running away with it.

On 20/06/2016 at 02:16, placidcasual said:

I can't see past the Cubs. Just dynamite on both sides of the ball. I don't think anyone would grudge them it, and if it's not the Mets I really hope they can do it this year.

Aye :thumsup2

Congratulations to the Cubs fans on here. What a way to get the monkey of their backs.

That's easily the best game of baseball I've ever watched. Incredible.

I still can't believe we have won the World Series. That's as good a story as you could have scripted. 108 years of misery, take the lead in the series, then go 3-1 down and look dead and buried, pull it back to 3-3 and then win one of the greatest games of all time in game 7 to win it all.

I had in laws at Wrigley last night who have been sending me videos. Incredible, incredible stuff.

Go Cubs go! Fly the W.

Oh, and David Ross:wub:

I still can't believe we have won the World Series. That's as good a story as you could have scripted. 108 years of misery, take the lead in the series, then go 3-1 down and look dead and buried, pull it back to 3-3 and then win one of the greatest games of all time in game 7 to win it all.

Where have I heard a story of a team going through over 100 years of heartbreak before taking the lead in the final, then going behind then turning it around and winning in one of the best games in the history of that competition?

I'm away to lump money on Scotland winning at Wembley next week. Mental year.

5 hours ago, LondonHibsFan said:

Cubsed it.

I'm assuming that was during the eighth innings? I'll hold my hands up for that one. I woke up, checked the score, thought "Well, this will only last another half hour so I might as well watch history being made". Five minutes later the Indians have doubled their tally for the evening and it's all tied up. Oops! Thought I better stop watching at that point, although couldn't get back to sleep and was checking my phone every 20 minutes.

Well done the Cubs, phenomenal stuff and a real nervewracking way to do it. After being in Chicago last year when the place was going crazy because the Cubs had won the division I can only imagine what sort of state the place will be in over the next few days. Cannot wait to see the photos. BBC site had a nice bit about fans writing names of fans who weren't around to witness it on the wall at Wrigley Field. Gonna need a lot of chalk...

Blue Jays next year please.

Still coming to terms with the win. Watching the game last night was one of the most stressful things i've ever experienced - was in a state on constant anxiety for almost the whole game, and absolutely despondent when the Indians tied it up in the 8th. At that point I thought it was gone and the Indians would walk it off in the 9th (particular when the Cubs left a man on 3rd in the 9th as well). Somehow Chapman survived and the Cubs benefited from the best timed rain-delay ever.

For those that haven't heard the details - Chapman (and apparently Russell) were in tears at that point thinking they'd blown it. Jason Heyward called a team meeting during the rain delay firing them all up again, and then they go back out and get it done in the 10th. 

All the pressure now off and the chance for the young core of players to get back here in the years to come. A wonderful wonderful time to be a Cubs fan :)

Archived