The All New 2016 MLB Thread

lichtie23

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game 1 starts in about 6 hours - can't wait to see it and am strangely calm about the Cubs chances. Cracking matchup with Lester/Kluber as well.

for predictions I'll say the Cubs in 5 - lose tonight then win the next 4 

also, how the hell has Schwarber made it on the roster? Great story, but surely his bat won't be up to speed with a few days of prep in the Arizona fall league?

2 hours ago, SamuraiJock said:

for predictions I'll say the Cubs in 5 - lose tonight then win the next 4 

I'll go for Cleveland in 6.
Whatever happens, though, I think it'll be a good series.

2 hours ago, SamuraiJock said:

also, how the hell has Schwarber made it on the roster? Great story, but surely his bat won't be up to speed with a few days of prep in the Arizona fall league?

Salazar made the Indians roster also.

I think that once they get to the WS some players will just play through any injury, shy of a limb detaching from their torso.
Brian Wilson's workload for the Giants in the 2010 postseason led to and injury-plagued 2011 and Tommy John surgery in 2012, and his career never quite went anywhere after that (well, he went the Dodgers, but that's effectively the same thing). Robb Nen was the same in 2002 (don't mention the monkey....), he basically ended his career trying to save game 6. There's multiple other examples of guys playing through whatever injury, just to get a ring.

Well done the Cubbies for keeping the season alive for at least one more game. Still playing very nervy, but squeaked out just enough and Chapman was awesome to close the game out.

Back to Cleveland we go for Arrieta vs Tomlin - both were good already in this series but Tomlin in particular was making the Cubs look silly in game 3. Tougher ask for him this time though on shorter rest. Will the Indians start to play a little nervous in front of the home fans? They've looked pretty unshakeable so far.

Cubs get to put Schwarber back in the DH slot which should boost the lineup, and i'd guess Chapman will get leaned on heavily just like Miller. 

Archived