The All New 2016 MLB Thread

lichtie23

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure I've ever been more excited about the start of a season than a 3 game sweep of the Cardinals who have pushed us into the Wild Card the past 3 years. I still think we should have kept Neil Walker and moved him to 1st base. I'm a bit worried about our lack of power with no home runs in the opening series after losing Walker and Pedro. First base could end up a real black hole offensively. But we were incredible at the plate from 5 positions and I think that's gonna be the norm for the year in most series.

7-2 Mets tonight and deGrom left early with a sore back. Some really basic errors by the Phillies, some of which remind me of me playing.

Is his wife not heavily pregnant and expecting very soon aswell? Sure I read Collins saying there was a chance he would get pulled early to go see her if anything happened.

Horrible stuff. It looked bad at the time, but hoping it wasn't this bad.

With it being the ACL you'd have to think his chances of catching in the future could be quite slim aswell, horrible news. That Fowler signing looking like it's going to really pay off though.

With it being the ACL you'd have to think his chances of catching in the future could be quite slim aswell, horrible news. That Fowler signing looking like it's going to really pay off though.

It does now, for sure. Like you say, this could affect his career long term. Hoping the Cubs will be ok as they have good cover, but I'm gutted for the big guy.

Dave Roberts is going to be very unpopular in LA tonight.  After seven and a third, the pitcher was  having a no hitter on debut.  At 100 pitches, Roberts pulled him.  Five pitches later, the Giants tied the game with a 2 run homer by their back up catcher.  The kid had 1ER on 0 hits, and looked furious in the dug out.  

Is his wife not heavily pregnant and expecting very soon aswell? Sure I read Collins saying there was a chance he would get pulled early to go see her if anything happened.

Aye. Though he was sitting on the bench for a while after and they reported it as a bad back.

Think it's Harvey back on the mound tonight. Maybe it's because we're spoilt with pitching, but I'm just never as confident with him up there compared to deGrom and Syndergaard.

Archived