The All New 2016 MLB Thread

lichtie23

Giants going full 'f**k the DH' mode tonight and letting Bumgarner hit @ Oakland.

And he goes 1/4 with a double and a run scored and a six inning win.

Bochy's good.

One for all opposed to the DH rule.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jays/Indians through 18 innings so far, 2B Ryan Goins pitching for the Jays loaded the bases then got out of it scoreless, and the Indians currently have tomorrow's scheduled starter on the mound at 50+ pitches :lol:

First game live tonight. Phillies 4-3 against the Royals watched from behind home plate. Genuinely one of the best things I've done as I've looked forward to it for years.

Love watching Odubel Herrera.

Cubs scuffling a bit now - injuries not helping and the pitching looking much more human now. Bullpen needs a trade or two to smooth things over and the starters look back to a sensible level of good rather than awesome. Still 10 games ahead of the cards so now worries at all, but gas likely at the deadline this year I think.

On 6 July 2016 at 2:40 PM, Sarto Mutiny said:

The Cubs have been rather wobbly in recent weeks, although that was always going to happen at some point I suppose.

Regressing to the mean.  They're a good side.  I'm not sure they are as complete as the Giants, but they are a decent side.  Joe Maddon + a healthy  budget = winning baseball.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully we realise there's no chance of us reaching the play-offs this year and decide to sell come the deadline, could get a few real nice prospects back from the likes of Chapman/Beltran/Miller.

I really think Reyes could be as big a spark for the Mets this year round as the Cespedes signing was this time last year - obviously in a very different way but we've desperately needed someone like him leading off since, well, since the last time he was here.

I really think Reyes could be as big a spark for the Mets this year round as the Cespedes signing was this time last year - obviously in a very different way but we've desperately needed someone like him leading off since, well, since the last time he was here.

Trouble is, he's all but done as a fielder. He's flat out awful at shortstop and second base. The Mets will have to play him at third or first.
White Sox supposedly close to dealing away Sale and they've just scratched him from tonight's start due to a 'clubhouse incident'...

Seemingly he cut up all the the team's retro uniforms because he didn't want to wear it.

One of the better temper tantrums of recent years. He will end up at the Dodgers.

43 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Trouble is, he's all but done as a fielder. He's flat out awful at shortstop and second base. The Mets will have to play him at third or first.

Yeah, and I'm not really sure about the theory that says stick the worst fielder on the corners. First base is the guy who handles the ball more than anyone. I think there might be some mileage in sticking him in the outfield. I know there was some talk of that when he signed again.

Visiting AT&T Park for my fourth time next Friday to see Giants against Washington Nationals, it is my favourite non-football sporting stadium, especially if you get decent seats and it is a nice night for the view over the bay.

3 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Visiting AT&T Park for my fourth time next Friday to see Giants against Washington Nationals, it is my favourite non-football sporting stadium, especially if you get decent seats and it is a nice night for the view over the bay.

It's beautiful.  My favourite stadium, full stop.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived