The All New 2016 MLB Thread

lichtie23

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Still talent in him. Makes me think he needs some sort of mentor. He could still turn out to be a pretty good player with some leadership

He's kind of in the wrong city.  If he was in a lower profile environment, he'd be a star.  

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy to see A-Rod at least stick around the org, seems like he's a good mentor for the younger guys but there's no place for him on our roster this year the way he's been performing.

Happy to see A-Rod at least stick around the org, seems like he's a good mentor for the younger guys but there's no place for him on our roster this year the way he's been performing.

Good mentor? He's a fucking cheat

As a Phillies fan, I consider A-Rod to be scum; a player who cheated and then played a crucial part in stopping us winning back to back World Series. Should have been locked up for years. Still, I'm sure there were probably Phillies participating along similar lines.

On a brighter note, here's a photo of my first trip to Citizen's Bank Park:

phillies.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 8 August 2016 at 03:14, David W said:

As a Phillies fan, I consider A-Rod to be scum; a player who cheated and then played a crucial part in stopping us winning back to back World Series. Should have been locked up for years. Still, I'm sure there were probably Phillies participating along similar lines.

On a brighter note, here's a photo of my first trip to Citizen's Bank Park:

phillies.png

Splashed out on the seats I see. Very wise move. Sweet view.

I was absolutely sitting down; the standing room was a wee bit further back. Having only watched games on the telly I was worried about not getting a decent view so splashed out. I think it was $75 or $80, which for my first Phillies game (including lead-off homer), playing the World Champions, a good view and a postgame Fireworks show was well worth it.

We went slightly (maybe $10 or so) cheaper for the other game against the Braves on Independence Day (I can't believe I actually saw the Philles bat around in an innings live!) and the seats were still really good; several rows behind the home dugout. Seemed to be a good ballpark for getting a decent view in lots of places.

Just noticed that Kyle Drabek was signed to a minor league contract as a shortstop last month. He's undergone a couple of elbow surgeries but for an absolutely can't miss pitching prospect who was traded for Roy Halladay I'm surprised he's given up pitching completely.

Unless his arm/elbow was going to fall off. Which would then be understandable

The Phillies have traded Carlos Ruiz to the Dodgers. A genuine legend for the club, he caught three no-hitters (including one of only two all-time in the post-season) and a perfect game. A really sad day  but at least he has a chance to get another WS.

Only Ryan Howard left now.

The Mets starting to look like they finally might be hitting a little bit of form having been pretty poor since a good April. If they can get Jay Bruce firing they may still have a chance of a wildcard but it will need a huge run of results.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived