Rangers v Celtic

hoopy1967

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A minority who live within walking distance will get their quicker. For the majority who live outwith the immediate vicinity then travel in the accompanying traffic or by public transport means it is a drawn out process. It's pretty obvious.

Which is probably the same for fans of most football teams. A minority probably live within walking distance, especially fans of teams with "out of town" stadiums. Celtic Park and Ibrox are both within walking distance of densely populated residential areas.

So, yes, you're talking pish. Your mask is slipping.

Just reading through some comments and see fellow diddy team supporters sniping at old firm fans for being glory hunters who only support the club for the glamour of winning- absolute pish!

My daughter stays with her mum most of the week in south Lanarkshire but she supports airdrie. If I move away and have kids they will support Airdrie not their "local" side. Folk support the old firm mainly because their family members did. They didn't make a rational choice at the age of 18 who to support.

Also I see fellow 'diddy team' supporters regularly assuming the moral high ground as if we are some kind of superior supporter to old firm fans? Again utter nonsense. I can leave my house tonight at 740 and at worst I will miss the first couple of minutes of our game. In back in the house within 10-15 minutes of kick off. Old firm supporters need to leave their house between half an hour and 2 hours before kick off to travel by bus or public transport and they take similar amounts of time to get home afterwards- if your willing to do that on a midweek night when you've just finished work and have work the next morning then I don't think folk should be looking down their nose at you as some kind of "inferior" supporter....

And here's us thinking The Rangers fans left games early...

Load of nonsense, we have supporters clubs that travel from the four corners of the U.K.to follow Rangers, and have continued to do so over the recent troubled years.

"Troubled years" :lol: You really don't have a clue. When was the last time Rangers finished in the bottom half of the league? Actually has that ever happened, pre liquidation?Supporters of other clubs have to endure entire decades of never getting near a trophy. I can assure you if that ever happened to Rangers then your support wouldn't be anything like it is now.

Are all the members of Aberdeen's supporters Clubs across Scotland 'superficial bellends' too, given that they don't support their local side? Are they still clinging to the success of over 30 years ago?

Probably not so much because they are continuing to support a club who don't have vastly superior resources to just about everyone else.

Let me know if you're still having issues comprehending the definition of a glory hunter, I'd be delighted to help. It's amazing how much Rangers fans I know deny their success has anything whatsoever to do with the fact they support a team from Glasgow.

Today I learned that because I can't walk to Firhill and have to get public transport that I deserve extra credit #superfan

While it would be nice if this game could buck the trend and see the two sets of fans going to watch a great game, played out between two sets of fair players, there's absolutely no danger of that happening.  There's going to be much gum-flapping over the next month or so, filled with whataboutery and my-dad's-bigger-than-your-dad, and then when it comes down to it, it'll probably be a bit of a shit game.  I think we'll get a slightly closer version of the League Cup Semi, Celtic raising their game with gears to spare.

"Troubled years" :lol: You really don't have a clue. When was the last time Rangers finished in the bottom half of the league? Actually has that ever happened, pre liquidation?Supporters of other clubs have to endure entire decades of never getting near a trophy. I can assure you if that ever happened to Rangers then your support wouldn't be anything like it is now.

Probably not so much because they are continuing to support a club who don't have vastly superior resources to just about everyone else.

Let me know if you're still having issues comprehending the definition of a glory hunter, I'd be delighted to help. It's amazing how much Rangers fans I know deny their success has anything whatsoever to do with the fact they support a team from Glasgow.

So supporters who follow smaller teams makes them 'more genuine'? don't talk mince. I've watched Rangers for over 40 years but don't remember it being a conscious choice because they were successful, it was taken as a given and influenced through family and friends, as I suspect most people get their introduction to their football team, local or not.

That it happens to be Rangers doesn't make any of us lesser supporters. I don't question the motivation of someone who follows East Fife every week, why would I be so f*ckin patronising!?

I've friends who travel regularly from England and Northern Ireland and spend a fortune in money and time commitment to do so. They've done this for years, even the shite they've watched over the last three years (up until this season) hasn't diminished their loyalty as supporters of the club. You don't own the right to question them as real fans in any way whatsoever.

Archived