Rangers v Celtic

hoopy1967

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

P&B hypocrites all over the place again here, I thought you lot hated the "2 cheeks", why don't you f*** off to your own threads and let the big teams fans debate in peace?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

'big teams'

'fans'

The re-establishment of the duopoly will not be healthy.

It'll reignite the arms race that moves the two of you way out of everyone's reach.

Maybe not that simple.

Neither (especially the tribute act) can repeat the actions of that previous duopoly, spending absurd money on foreign players for the privilege of being dumped out of an early round in Europe by Incey-Wincey Zagreb or whoever.

If they do, be interesting to see how the new SPFL deal with it - can't be as simple as the top flight clubs chucking a shite over the fence and hoping the lower league clubs don't bury it.

Funnily enough that's what happens when different posters express different opinions. Feel free to point out where I've contradicted myself. (Here's a hint to help you: I am prepared to accept are pretty much the same club, though it's a total grey area.)

My main point remains: people from outside Glasgow only support Rangers because they're a high profile club with a high chance of winning trophies. Which generally speaking makes them superficial bellends. Bennett being a shining example.

Load of nonsense, we have supporters clubs that travel from the four corners of the U.K.to follow Rangers, and have continued to do so over the recent troubled years.

Are all the members of Aberdeen's supporters Clubs across Scotland 'superficial bellends' too, given that they don't support their local side? Are they still clinging to the success of over 30 years ago?

Funnily enough that's what happens when different posters express different opinions. Feel free to point out where I've contradicted myself. (Here's a hint to help you: I am prepared to accept are pretty much the same club, though it's a total grey area.)

My main point remains: people from outside Glasgow only support Rangers because they're a high profile club with a high chance of winning trophies. Which generally speaking makes them superficial bellends. Bennett being a shining example.

Do you pester your mate magee over supporting a Glasgow based team?

Thats the funny thing. If they hadve drew United, Inverness or Hibs, the stadium would be half full but cos its against 'them', they will be battling over tickets

It must be a genuinely shite feeling to only be interested in your club when they play one particular team.

My guess would be that some Celtic fans, if choosing between winning this game or winning the league, would gladly accept Aberdeen taking the league title just for one day of "get it up you" to the sevco mob.

if choosing between winning this game or winning the league, would gladly accept Aberdeen taking the league title just for one day of "get it up you" to the sevco mob.

why not have both though?

As usual.

Just reading through some comments and see fellow diddy team supporters sniping at old firm fans for being glory hunters who only support the club for the glamour of winning- absolute pish!

My daughter stays with her mum most of the week in south Lanarkshire but she supports airdrie. If I move away and have kids they will support Airdrie not their "local" side. Folk support the old firm mainly because their family members did. They didn't make a rational choice at the age of 18 who to support.

Also I see fellow 'diddy team' supporters regularly assuming the moral high ground as if we are some kind of superior supporter to old firm fans? Again utter nonsense. I can leave my house tonight at 740 and at worst I will miss the first couple of minutes of our game. In back in the house within 10-15 minutes of kick off. Old firm supporters need to leave their house between half an hour and 2 hours before kick off to travel by bus or public transport and they take similar amounts of time to get home afterwards- if your willing to do that on a midweek night when you've just finished work and have work the next morning then I don't think folk should be looking down their nose at you as some kind of "inferior" supporter....

Also I see fellow 'diddy team' supporters regularly assuming the moral high ground as if we are some kind of superior supporter to old firm fans? Again utter nonsense. I can leave my house tonight at 740 and at worst I will miss the first couple of minutes of our game. In back in the house within 10-15 minutes of kick off. Old firm supporters need to leave their house between half an hour and 2 hours before kick off to travel by bus or public transport and they take similar amounts of time to get home afterwards- if your willing to do that on a midweek night when you've just finished work and have work the next morning then I don't think folk should be looking down their nose at you as some kind of "inferior" supporter....

How do you know how early ALL Old Firm supporters need to leave their houses at?

You're talking pish.

Archived