Dons v Killie

I think the Killie fans who did turn up should be congratulated and applauded Hardest thing in the world to travel to watch a team when the entire morale at the club is so low and you're fairly certain that you're going to get gubbed.

Entirely agree with this. Well done to each and every one of them.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going by this performance from Killie, I would think that they have a great chance of finishing at least 10th. I'd be surprised if they did end up 11th, and they have no chance of being bottom.

Anyone who thinks we aren't going down is the worst type of head-in-the-sand fan. Writing has been on the wall for ages.

Celtic next... That'll be fun.

Promise me you won't do anything rash.

Killie made us look better than we were in the first half, their ball over the top to somebody offside was all they really showed and in fairness I thought at least one out of the five or six of these was tight and we could have been in trouble.  They were much better in the second and were maybe unlucky not to have punished us more than once.

That said, once we went one down I liked what I saw. The goal did take a while and I'd have loved a couple more but there's real fight in this side and I had the incredibly unusual experience of feeling totally confident we would score, eventually. 

Shay well deserved MOTM but Jack, Robson and Taylor also stand outs for me. Highlights in curly-wurly-woo on Alba at 10 btw

As an aside, I'd much rather win 2-1 in a well fought contest like we did today, than very nearly shit the bed the from 2 up like Celtic. Good omens.

Killie made us look better than we were in the first half, their ball over the top to somebody offside was all they really showed and in fairness I thought at least one out of the five or six of these was tight and we could have been in trouble.  They were much better in the second and were maybe unlucky not to have punished us more than once.

That said, once we went one down I liked what I saw. The goal did take a while and I'd have loved a couple more but there's real fight in this side and I had the incredibly unusual experience of feeling totally confident we would score, eventually. 

Shay well deserved MOTM but Jack, Robson and Taylor also stand outs for me. Highlights in curly-wurly-woo on Alba at 10 btw

As an aside, I'd much rather win 2-1 in a well fought contest like we did today, than very nearly shit the bed the from 2 up like Celtic. Good omens.

First half the game should have been buried but the keeper only had a couple of saves to make.

Very doubtful corner.

We never went one down.

Taylor and Considine were getting ripped apart by Mcgennis so Taylor was no standout, goal aside.

Robson was excellent and won nearly everything he went for and tended to get fouls for those he didn't win.

Referee was anonymous in the first half then developed a Collum/Thomson complex to try and ruin the second half.

Logan, Hayes and Church all put in a great shift.

On another day Boyd would have connected with the couple of chances he got.

That's the most open I've seen a Killie team since Mixu and I fair enjoyed the game. End to end and never safe.

If Killie play like that in the remaining games then they will catch Hamilton at least.

We were in cruise control throughout the first half. McLean was simply unlucky with his effort that cannoned back off the base of the post; however, I thought McGinn probably should have scored when one-on-one against MacDonald. I'll perhaps have to watch the incident again before offering an entirely fair appraisal. I thought we perhaps benefited from the rub of the green with the corner from which we scored; on first viewing, it looked to me like the ball narrowly evaded MacDonald's outstretched arms before going behind - MacDonald was certainly adamant that it should have been a goal kick, although that is perhaps to be expected. Considering the dominant nature of our performance in the first half, it would have been very disappointing not to enter the break with something to show for it on the scoreboard.

He should have scored, or at least struck it across the keeper with his left. That said, MacDonald pulled off a cracking save there.

We were poor.

3 points though.

I'd like another 8 poor performance with 8 wins please.

I'd rather have six exceptional performances, two poor, and eight wins. The two poor performances against Hearts, because their seethe is glorious to watch.

Made hard work of it yesterday but got over the line, and it is pleasing to see the character in the team.

First half, we really should have been more ahead than we were at half time. It was total dominance with Jack and Robson running the game well. McLean unlucky with the post, McGinn really should have scored but we deserved our lead. I would actually agree with Lee Clark that Kilmarnock wasted a half of football.

Second half, we switched off and Kilmarnock punished us well. Glad to see Big Josh on the scoresheet. Very poor goal to lose from our perspective. From there, we settled back into the game, smacked the bar and ultimately deserved the winning goal when it came. Wonderful work again by Hayes.

For us, Robson, Jack and Logan all had fine games. Smith brought Hayes more into the game when he came on. Couple of shaky moments at the back but Considine and Taylor did fine and looked more comfortable together than Reynolds and Taylor have done recently.

Kilmarnock were certainly better than I have previously seen them. That was helped massively by putting Magennis through the middle where he is far more useful to Killie than punted on the right wing. Faubert is getting up to speed slowly and Stevie Smith had a good game down the left side.

Overall, glad of the win to keep a little bit of pressure on.

That's the most open I've seen a Killie team since Mixu and I fair enjoyed the game. End to end and never safe.

If Killie play like that in the remaining games then they will catch Hamilton at least.

That's been the problem all season, playing not too bad against teams at the top of the league but not picking up any wins. It's the games against the rest we've been playing absolute shite and totally bottle any "6 pointer" winnable match.

PS Obadoo is a fucking useless bomb scare and the quicker he's punted the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Just watched the highlights on Alba.

Doesn't look like McDonald touched the ball that we were given the corner for and scored from.

Superb save from McDonald to deny McGinn, can't complain.

I lay the blame at Jack's door for the Killie goal, wasn't as tight as he could/should have been to prevent the cross. Brown looks bad but it looks like he expected McKenzie to head it at goal as opposed to the ball going back across to Josh.

Good pressure applied to get our second, lovely goal from Shay throwing himself at it.

Killie look fairly well organised at the back. You'd be better to find a way to utilise Magennis & Boyd, by binning Obadeya possibly.

I thought we played fairly well.

Killie put in a decent performance, so the requirement was there to do so.

Superb effort from Logan to get right on the end of Haye's cross.

Just beating our other full back to it...  :lol:

Re Obadeyi, I don't know what it is about Killie, but whenever we sign a shite player, they're fucking woeful. 

That said, I've a little faith restored, given that we played better.  I actually fancy us to sneak a point against Celtic.  That, imo, could just kick start our survival.

Archived