Dons v Killie

Made hard work considering we bossed the first half. Half asleep at the start of the second and caught out. Deserved the 3pts but would love to close some games out early doors

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

23 years of top flight football with a couple of cup wins along the way wasn't a bad run. That's us down now though - only question is whether it's losing to Hibs in a playoff or United actually overtaking us. Feels gutting, but years of mismanagement at board level were always going to take their toll.

Funny, but from where we're sitting in the table, Killie still look like they've got an excellent chance of finishing 10th. I hope you're right though ...

23 years of top flight football with a couple of cup wins along the way wasn't a bad run. That's us down now though - only question is whether it's losing to Hibs in a playoff or United actually overtaking us. Feels gutting, but years of mismanagement at board level were always going to take their toll.

Far too long left to say we're down. ICT in free-fall; still comfortably ahead of Dundee United...

FWIW my money would be on us finishing in the play-off position - however I don't fear a beatable Hibernian or a Falkirk side that Killie have a voodoo sign over should we end up there. 

Also, that Killie number 16 Obadayi?? Shocking that he's classed as a fitba player, poorest man on the park and could be the poorest player I've seen this season.

Great win. Killie looked alright, play like that against Celtic and they may take yet more points off of them.

Faubert was their best player IMO. Pretty sure Logan got a touch on Taylor's header, another brace for him.

Oh and the ref, out of his depth springs to mind as was said earlier. McKenzie chucked the ball away, the ref tells him 'no more', and then in the next phase of play McKenzie fouls someone. No card. How does that work? 

We were in cruise control throughout the first half. McLean was simply unlucky with his effort that cannoned back off the base of the post; however, I thought McGinn probably should have scored when one-on-one against MacDonald. I'll perhaps have to watch the incident again before offering an entirely fair appraisal. I thought we perhaps benefited from the rub of the green with the corner from which we scored; on first viewing, it looked to me like the ball narrowly evaded MacDonald's outstretched arms before going behind - MacDonald was certainly adamant that it should have been a goal kick, although that is perhaps to be expected. Considering the dominant nature of our performance in the first half, it would have been very disappointing not to enter the break with something to show for it on the scoreboard. 

I thought Kilmarnock were much improved in the second half, although they offered nothing of note in the first. I didn't think Brown entirely covered himself in glory at Magennis' goal, but again I'll perhaps have to watch it back. The cross from Hayes for Logan's goal was tremendous, and the diving header was just as impressive. Our defending was OK in the second half, but I would have been seething had Magennis fully capitalised on Considine's lapse at 1-1. Shortly after Logan scored, he got a very important touch at the back post to deny Obadeyi a second Kilmarnock equaliser. Between making that interception and scoring the winning goal, he deserved the MOTM award.   

The referee had a slightly strange game. He appeared to veer between awarding fairly innocuous fouls (both teams benefited at least once from this in the second half), and failing to spot blatant infringements at other times (Church being the main victim). 

Ideally, we would have pressed home our first half advantage and the second half would have been a comfier experience. In lieu of this, I'll be more than content if we grind out one-goal victories from now until the end of the season. 

Oh behave yourself. Yeah things are getting a bit sticky, but there's still a good number of games left.

Also, that Killie number 16 Obadayi?? Shocking that he's classed as a fitba player, poorest man on the park and could be the poorest player I've seen this season.

This. I've never seen a professional with such a total lack of positional awareness. Great athlete, but his footballing nous is negligible.

Although we were the better team, I thought that was the best Killie performance Ive seen against us in while. The boy at the back Findlay (think thats his name) was very good especially. Where has he came from ?

Always need that second goal. Glad the players dont react to the nervousness and negativity at times from our support.

Thought the patience we showed for the goal was great, reminded me of a goal we scored last season (cant remember who against) when we kept the ball going back and forth for 20+ passes.

Killie keep playing like that and they wont go down.

Archived