Natalie McGarry- Again

Tom McB

Such a shame as it was refreshing to see an snp mp with independent thoughts. Also thought she was down to earth and reflective of the party voters. In the end it looks like an  'SNP wanting everything for free' attitude may have undone her. 

If she was an "SNP MP with independent thoughts" she is probably innocent as the day is long and framed by the Hive.

31 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Such a shame as it was refreshing to see an snp mp with independent thoughts. Also thought she was down to earth and reflective of the party voters. In the end it looks like an  'SNP wanting everything for free' attitude may have undone her. 

She's innocent until proved guilty of course, but it does look like she has been the architect of her own downfall.

Don't see how you can you blame the SNP for this.

25 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

She's innocent until proved guilty of course, but it does look like she has been the architect of her own downfall.

Don't see how you can you blame the SNP for this.

They can be blamed for their pisspoor vetting procedures. She's not the first disaster they've had. 

After their Bill Walker nightmare you'd have thought their procedures would be rigourous, but they aren't. 

5 minutes spent interviewing McGarry should have been plenty time to identify her roasteriness. There's also Michelle Thomson, not to mention their homophobic bigot fringe.

They need to do much better. I think the sums involved here make a custodial sentence likely if convicted. It's a huge embarrassment for the SNP, but hopefully a lesson they will learn for the next selection round.

3 hours ago, AUFC90 said:

How so ? She resigned the whip and no one knew if she had done anything wrong or not. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the SNP can stop her being an MP even if she's found guilty.

They let her stand in the first place.

3 hours ago, ScotSquid said:

They can be blamed for their pisspoor vetting procedures. She's not the first disaster they've had. 

After their Bill Walker nightmare you'd have thought their procedures would be rigourous, but they aren't. 

5 minutes spent interviewing McGarry should have been plenty time to identify her roasteriness. There's also Michelle Thomson, not to mention their homophobic bigot fringe.

They need to do much better. I think the sums involved here make a custodial sentence likely if convicted. It's a huge embarrassment for the SNP, but hopefully a lesson they will learn for the next selection round.

How does it compare to other parties?

Just now, Todders said:

#SNPBad for not being able to predict the future.

Not really, they had doubts about her prior to being selected but at some point must have said 'f**k it, she's in' there may have been a bit of nepotism involved as her mother is a councillor in Fife and her aunt is Tricia Marwick.

3 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

Not really, they had doubts about her prior to being selected but at some point must have said 'f**k it, she's in' there may have been a bit of nepotism involved as her mother is a councillor in Fife and her aunt is Tricia Marwick.

What doubts did they have about her before she was accepted into the approved candidates list?

Why would constituency members in Glasgow East give any sort of a f**k if her mum was a councillor in fife?

2 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

Pretty sure the vetting process doesn't include use of a crystal ball tbh.

See my post above.

She stood for a Fife council by election and had a bit of a mare at the hustings, an MSP that I know was aware of this and could have added his tuppence worth(maybe he did) but she was selected anyway for the Glasgow seat.