Alloa v Raith Rovers

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alloa's defenders, Dougie Hill chief among them, have been throwing themselves in front of everything so far. Probably slightly lucky to still be level, but we haven't quite been clinical enough to fully justify a lead. Aside from a couple of corners, Alloa haven't posed too much threat. Still reasonably confident we'll get a result.

Typical rovers again. Can people stop being so confident? Or be confident and don't say anything at least. Of course you can be confident but clearly some of you haven't watched the Rovers for long enough...

Disappointing but if you'd said to me before the St Mirren game we'd be 8 points clear of Queen of the South by 5pm today i'd have been very happy. Real tough run to the end of season now, 3 or 4 wins needed to make sure of the play offs I think.

I've watched Rairh since the days of Young, McNaught and Leigh(1950's) but rarely have I read such negativity as appears in this forum.

We pummelled them for the greater part of the match. Of course there is always the chance when you are pressing they will break away and catch you on the break, then all of a sudden it's "typical Rovers".

I am not a happy clapper and I do try to see these things objectively. but I just hope McKinnon and the players don't read these forums too often!

Sad really.

Suuuuuuuuuch a frustrating afternoon. The pitch is so tight it just makes playing any football virtually impossible. Alloa surely set a new record there for highest number of blocks made in the penalty area, goalie barely had a save to make because it never got as far as him, incredible.

Fair play to Alloa because they've got a game plan based on not having as many good players as the opposition on any given week, so they narrow the pitch and make it a kick fest and it very nearly worked. However, if McKeown is another 5 or 6 yards further back, his throw at the end lands 5 or 6 yards shorter and we probably don't score. Queens getting beat is blessing but really an opportunity to put more space between us and 5th missed.

I should also add, great determination shown by the team to go 1-0 down so late and not give up. Still fully believe we'll get 4th despite this blip. Thomas looked decent when he came on and will definitely be a good option in the run in. Remaining positive.

Archived