Gender Pay Gap

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The real problem is the pay gap between your average worker and the senior management.

Communist!

Seriously though, depends on how you define 'average worker' and 'senior management'.

Purely from my own experience, the biggest disparity in pay was when you compared salespeople (the suited and booted type)to others.

The real problem is the pay gap between your average worker and the senior management.

Whilst this is a valid point it has nothing to do with the gender pay gap.

I don't think it's possible to legislate for the issue you raise, the only thing we can do is to have a progressive tax system that ensures high earners pay according to their ability.

And through the c***s in jail for any tax scams.

Whilst this is a valid point it has nothing to do with the gender pay gap.

I don't think it's possible to legislate for the issue you raise, the only thing we can do is to have a progressive tax system that ensures high earners pay according to their ability.

And through the c***s in jail for any tax scams.

If we wanted to be radical, and assuming we think it is a problem, it's an easy fix. Simply introduce ratio rules i.e. the CEO cannot earn (total remuneration) more than 2 times the average salary in the company.

The progressive tax system would be great but the greedy c***s keep looking for ways to avoid tax i.e. pension conts./share-options/benefits-in-kind and so on.

Our whole social welfare system is fucked.

If we wanted to be radical, and assuming we think it is a problem, it's an easy fix. Simply introduce ratio rules i.e. the CEO cannot earn (total remuneration) more than 2 times the average salary in the company.

The progressive tax system would be great but the greedy c***s keep looking for ways to avoid tax i.e. pension conts./share-options/benefits-in-kind and so on.

Our whole social welfare system is fucked.

Wouldn't work.

Probably 3 main reasons; more p/t workers are female; women take career breaks more than men; more women tend to work in lower-paid jobs.

Out of interest, the all employee wage gap is 19%.

Some of those ludicrously termed "career breaks" are better known as 'pregnancy and childcare', which have highly important economic benefits to society - they're not swanning off on a gap year to Peru.

Setting up equal, mandatory paternity leave and developing greater childcare support are two obvious methods of reducing the gap further then, but beyond that it can't really be addressed by legislation.

Some of those ludicrously termed "career breaks" are better known as 'pregnancy and childcare', which have highly important economic benefits to society - they're not swanning off on a gap year to Peru.

Setting up equal, mandatory paternity leave and developing greater childcare support are two obvious methods of reducing the gap further then, but beyond that it can't really be addressed by legislation.

I'm surprised anyone could be offended by the term 'career break' - it's always good to have an inoffensive,simple and easy to understand term (for normal people anyway) rather than a convoluted expression don't you think? As you did say, only some career breaks can be covered by saying 'pregnancy and parenting'.

Did anyone suggest swanning off to Peru was a contributing factor to gender pay inequality? Would be surprised to find such a specific activity was worthy of mention but I'm no expert.

I'm sorry but I must disagree with your last comment - legislation could help in reducing the almost 10% gap if a government thought it was worthwhile.

There is no gender pay gap. There is an earnings gap. Reasons being difference industry choices, different career paths, having children, different hours worked, different job conditions (safety, location, etc), etc etc etc. This has been know for a long time. This has been covered several times already on this forum already.

Delighted to see more people (sorry... "women haters", "sexists") realising the endless lies being spread by feminists, feminist advocate groups, and the feminist media. Spread the word.

Yes. He's OTT some of the time on these issues (purposely - he calls himself a "professional provocateur"), but the core of what he's getting at is largely correct - women are not fucking oppressed in the west, quite the opposite.

Archived