Who do you want next season?

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think you can underestimate Ayr tbh. Livingston have been blowing hot and cold all season. Could see Ayr coming up.

In fairness Ayr Utd aren't even the 2nd best team in the 2nd division, Peterhead are, a team that has beaten Ayr twice and drew with them this season.

We beat Peterhead comfortably away in the cup during one of our awful runs of form.

and I haven't been to Rugby Park either. 

You are really missing nothing.  A boring soulless stadium to mirror a boring soulless club.

I love both of course but you will be disappointed in your visit to RP (until 3pm anyway when your team will most likely pump the life out of us).

In fairness Ayr Utd aren't even the 2nd best team in the 2nd division, Peterhead are, a team that has beaten Ayr twice and drew with them this season.

We beat Peterhead comfortably away in the cup during one of our awful runs of form.

Whats this?  The 3rd division surely?

Its pretty obvious that 1 (and probably 2) of Dundee Utd, Kilmarnock and Hamilton will be in the Championship next year.  Potentially with Hibs staying down too and it could be another tough season for the ultra-diddies in this division.

Who do you want to come down?  Would you like to see Dundee Utd relegated with Hibs staying down and, whilst maybe getting a bit of extra cash though the gates/TV money* with these two down the chances of finishing above them are quite low.

Or, would you want Kilmarnock and/or Hamilton?  KIlmarnock would probably bring a big support to a lot of grounds whilst at the same time being shite enough to finish about 7th.   Hamilton bring literally nothing to the table to be honest and should probably just give up.

*Regarding TV money, does anyone think Championship games will still be shown with Rangers promoted?

It won't make any odds whether Championship matches are still shown or not. The TV contract will be unchanged. If they disrupt more Premiership games instead of Championship ones so much the better. We don't get paid for actually being shown, we get paid based on finishing position from a pot of money that includes the tv money.

As for the answer of the question. Not all that bothered. I would probably quite like Killie down as they'd probably bring a decent support to Palmerston and it's easy for us to get to. If Ayr don't come up then it will probably be the "Derby" game too. On a "really can't be harrassed going all the way there" basis, much as I've enjoyed my previous visits, I don't especially want to see Peterhead come up. United would probably bring decent crowds and a bit of publicity but we'll benefit less from their away following than pretty much anyone else I imagine geographically.

Dunfermline have a lot of improving to do if they want to sustain Championship status next season.  I went to the Stenhousemuir game and although they eventually won 3-0, they were rotten.  Stenhousemuir offered nothing in contrast

Dunfermline have a lot of improving to do if they want to sustain Championship status next season.  I went to the Stenhousemuir game and although they eventually won 3-0, they were rotten.  Stenhousemuir offered nothing in contrast

You could say that about much of our season there last time, and we seem to be in a reasonably safe position right now.

Ayr

Dumbarton

Dunfermline

Hamilton

Hibernian

Kilmarnock

Morton

Queen of the South

Raith Rovers

St Mirren

This would be ideal but its more probable that Falkirk will replace Hibs. If so at least it finally looks like the Scottish 2nd tier not a league 1/ prem mix

Hopefully we manage to get up by winning the league and Falkirk really deserve to go up after going toe to toe with us hibs.

Relegated .. Dundee United for the lols and I think that well are safe so any other team will do.

It seems everyone wants us down but unfortunately for them can't see us getting beat over two legs by one of the League 1 teams so you're stuck with our packed Almondvale next season and our tens of thousands of away fans, sorry. Wouldn't surprise me if United stayed up but can still see them going down, Killie will join them for Hibs, so the league for me will look something like this.

Dundee United

Kilmarnock

Falkirk

Raith Rovers

Queen of the South

Morton

St Mirren

Dumbarton

Livingston

Dunfermline

I'd have Ayr up to reserve their tenth placed finish, which helps every other club to plan their season, Kilmarnock and Dundee United down. The former won't recover from relegation so it'll allow everyone the chance to move up a slot.

Archived