Who do you want next season?

I think just about our entire squad is out of contract come the end of the season, and apart from a couple of fringe players who have struggled to break through (Rooney, McCabe and Wallace), I can see Johnston more than keen to get everybody signed up. Holding onto Faiss will be a tough ask, although you couldn't grudge him a step up.

Looks like/I'd be happy with

Dumbarton

Dundee United

Dunfermline

Falkirk

Hibs

Morton

Peterhead

QoS

Raith

St Mirren

Unless I've made an arse of something there, that's a decent league. If that is how the league lines up, along with our current squad remaining somewhat unchanged, I'd settle for a mid-table finish.

A couple of people (from a variety of clubs' fans) have suggested at us finishing in a playoff spot or even challenging promotion, I'm all for ambition but that could be a big ask if Dundee United, Hibs (lol), Falkirk, Raith and QoS are all in the same league.

Just have to wait and see how summer goes before you can really start building up any expectations tbh.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our rivals having more derbies than us would be handy. You tend to drop more points in those games compared with games against equal but non local teams (not backed with stats).

It's really time Killie came down. Ayr could come up and annoy them, that would be fine.

Don't really want United down but Dundee away days would be sound.

Livi are a pest

Ayr

Pars

D United

Dumbo

Hibs

Killie

Morten

Queens

Rovers

Smurn

Pretty hard league

Our rivals having more derbies than us would be handy. You tend to drop more points in those games compared with games against equal but non local teams (not backed with stats).

It's really time Killie came down. Ayr could come up and annoy them, that would be fine.

Don't really want United down but Dundee away days would be sound.

Livi are a pest

Ayr

Pars

D United

Dumbo

Hibs

Killie

Morten

Queens

Rovers

Smurn

Pretty hard league

Killie are relegation proof. Accies for playoffs, United relegated. Fact.

For selfish reasons I'd rather keep Dumbarton and swap Livi with either Ayr, Peterhead or Stranraer. 3 fantastic days out.

Accies coming down instead of Killie would hurt us badly in the pocket, United would bring good crowds too and Tannadice is a nice stadium.

Killie and Dundee United down at the 'expense' of Rangers and Raith Rovers.

Dunfermline and Ayr/Stranraer up instead of Alloa and Livingston.

To be honest though, I don't mind. The teams who deserve to comprise the division, will do.

I'm sick of the sight of Alloa, Dumbarton and Livingston and all three are diabolical away days which I've stopped going to, so either Dumbarton or Livi being replaced by Ayr would be ideal.

I've got cash on Killie finishing bottom so I'd enjoy them coming down in 12th. Dundee United would be a good day out.

The prospect of returning to Stranraer to lord it over the bumpkins we crushed - both on the park and spiritually - on their supposed 'title day' last season would be utterly glorious. They're now my preferred choice of the Ayrshire cannon-fodder outfits.

I would hate to see Ayr up. Shithole ground, boring drive down, unbearable fans.

Peterhead every day of the week for me.

Woooosh. Glass houses etc. Somerset is the last decent old fashioned ground. I hope they come up.

I think ultimately Hibs will go up somehow.

Down I hope it is Kilmarnock and Hamilton.

Woooosh. Glass houses etc. Somerset is the last decent old fashioned ground. I hope they come up.

I think ultimately Hibs will go up somehow and Dumbarton go.

I think ultimately Hibs will go up somehow.

Ayr's ground was always one of the poorer versions of a terraced ground. It's only well thought of now because it's one of the few remaining ones which Championship teams occasionally visit.

The likes of the old Fir Park, Cappielow (when away fans were in the cowshed), old Rugby Park, old Love Street, old Tynecastle, Brockville, etc. are grounds worth getting misty-eyed about. Somerset Park is poor in comparison.

Archived