2015/16 Title Race

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't see any contradictions here? Really?

I get your unabashed triumphalism, it's understandable. You are given a hard time on here and I often feel the treatment you get is tantamount to cyber bullying. However, you do keep coming back for more, so you must not mind it too much.

Celtic have a 4 point lead with a game in hand and look very strong favourites to win the title. You now dismiss that there was ever a challenge.

This kind of attitude is why most non OF fans were willing Aberdeen to win the league this year.

You don't see any contradictions here? Really?

Not really. When I posted it, there was a title challenge. Unless we lose our game in hand, I believe that title challenge to be over. I have always said, we'd win the title by double figures & I still believe that, but I was wondering if maybe Aberdeen could keep pushing us.

I get your unabashed triumphalism, it's understandable. You are given a hard time on here and I often feel the treatment you get is tantamount to cyber bullying. However, you do keep coming back for more, so you must not mind it too much.

I'm glad you noticed it mate. I feel it's that way too, however I'm too stubborn & thick skinned to let it bother me. Doesn't make it right though. A weaker person could react differently to how I do. It just frustrates me that you can't get a good football chat going due to the stupid attitude by some.

Celtic have a 4 point lead with a game in hand and look very strong favourites to win the title. You now dismiss that there was ever a challenge.

Not ever. I said elsewhere today before today's results that there was a title challenge. I just don't think there will be for much longer after today. I feel that if Aberdeen really wanted to challenge for the title then they needed 2 things.

1. To accumulate points for a rainy day & put us under pressure while we were competing in Europe.

2. To get Pittodrie full with home fans to fund an already good side with one or two quality players who could make a difference.

As it happens, the Dons went on an awful losing run while we played in Europe so there was no real pressure on us. The crowds also never happened...I mean just over 13,000 for the recent game v St Johnstone for a title challenging team is pretty poor.

This kind of attitude is why most non OF fans were willing Aberdeen to win the league this year.

I've only got that attitude in response to those Aberdeen fans who have spouted their crap on here. If they maybe put themselves across in the same manner you did, then I'd engage with them accordingly. I'm trying to remember who the decent posters are & who spout crap & will treat them all in the same manner they treat myself. That's fair enough in anyone's eyes surely?

I remember 40,000 Aberdeen fans turned up at Parkhead about 2 years ago, and could have had more had Celtic opened an extra tier.

Always baffles me when they only get 13,000 for a home game

I'd love it if Aberdeen won the league, but really they lack the consistency of champions, and have done for quite a while

I remember 40,000 Aberdeen fans turned up at Parkhead about 2 years ago, and could have had more had Celtic opened an extra tier.

Always baffles me when they only get 13,000 for a home game

I'd love it if Aberdeen won the league, but really they lack the consistency of champions, and have done for quite a while

Was about 47,000. Baffles me why they can't get 18,000 at home too. If I wasn't a Celtic fan, I'd prob be wanting them to win the league too. I want all Scottish clubs to be healthy & competing to the best of their ability, especially our bigger clubs but unless their fans turn up, it won't happen.

Do you not understand the concept of day-trippers?

So when they support Celtic or Rangers they are glory hunters...when it's Aberdeen, they are day trippers?

About half the dons fans who came that day were along for the fun. They day out, the spectacle.

It's not quite as enticing as a freezing cold Saturday watching St Johnstone is it.

I get that you have your travelled fans and then the ones just out for the day but c'mon mate...even you have to concede that 13,000+ from a club capable of getting 47,000 is pretty poor. A club from a one team city that is miles from Glasgow.

So when they support Celtic or Rangers they are glory hunters...when it's Aberdeen, they are day trippers?

There's a distinct difference between a club going through a lean spell attracting thousands extra to a cup final; and people choosing to support a team they have no real connection with because they win more often than not.

Celtic, when playing Champions League football or against Rangers, will easily sell out their stadium - why don't those fans turn out for run of the mill league games?

Archived