2015/16 Title Race

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

13k against Morton from a club that can attract 5 million to Seville, pretty poor really.

At least they won when there were only 13 000 watching them...

While we're on the subject of crowdwanking, is Davie still blaming the Irish economy for the empty seats at Parkhead?

Who said that was the sole reason. I said it was a contributing factor. I know this for a fact from speaking to friends of mine from all over the south of Ireland who can't get over as much as they used too.

P.S still hurting I see!

There's a distinct difference between a club going through a lean spell attracting thousands extra to a cup final; and people choosing to support a team they have no real connection with because they win more often than not.

A lean spell? They have had a good 3 seasons now after years of dross. How many good seasons do they need to have before it's not considered a lean spell?

Celtic, when playing Champions League football or against Rangers, will easily sell out their stadium - why don't those fans turn out for run of the mill league games?

You tell me. I agree with you & I've made the point clear that I have little time for these pretend fans from our club as I have from any other club. However, unlike everyone else on here who reach for the excuse book to justify their shite glory hunting fans, I'm not going to sit & make excuses for our glory hunters!

Who said that was the sole reason. I said it was a contributing factor. I know this for a fact from speaking to friends of mine from all over the south of Ireland who can't get over as much as they used too.

P.S still hurting I see!

Classic.

Failing in the bid to sign any of the midfield targets in January combined with Danny Ward's recall to Liverpool have hampered Aberdeen's hopes this season.

The home attendance numbers are irrelevant. It makes no difference if we have 13k not getting behind the team or 18k not getting behind the team. Our away support, who do vocally encourage the side, have made a positive contribution.

We still have an outside chance of catching Celtic, but it will require a complete implosion from them as I can't see us winning all our remaining games.

The difference between glory hunting and day tripping is easy to distinguish.

A day tripper is a person from a particular area with an attachment to a club for its sense of community but no real interest in football. They come along for the occasion and the atmosphere.

A glory hunter is a person who for whatever reason decides not to support their local team, instead choosing one from miles away who has had more success. This person is usually very much into football and may or may not actually attend games, but almost certainly will watch games on the television and purchase copious amounts of club merchandise.

Here to help guys.

"I know this for a fact" :lol:

Will speak about the Irish economy but when it comes to IRA songs he's suddenly "only here to talk about football".

Some guys in his line of work told him, so it must be a fact. 

"I know this for a fact" :lol:

Will speak about the Irish economy but when it comes to IRA songs he's suddenly "only here to talk about football".

I thought you might have the hurt from yesterday out your system by now but obviously not.

• 2 weeks later...

Another weekend of games done. Celtic overcome what many might see as a big banana skin & extend the lead at the top to 7pts, before Aberdeen cut it back down to 4pts with an expected comfortable victory at home to Hamilton Accies in front of 2 men & a dog.

If the Hoops win the game in hand at Dundee on Tue then it's surely all over in the title race.

Agree?

I think it all over if Celtic win tonight. However, if and it's a big if, they drop anything tonight then it would give the dons the opportunity to close within a point or two on Friday night. Having the dons that close would certainly pile the pressure on Celtic against Motherwell. However, they could just as easily win tonight, we don't beat hearts and it's tatties.

Archived