Hearts v St Johnstone Match Thread

Come on Danny Swanson, score for St Johnstone

We'll go wild wild wild

Could never have worked at Hearts for him

It never usually works out at Hearts for people who are fat and shit at football.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By a distance. Apologies for poor formatting on table.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2016-03-15-13-30-36~2.png

Link: http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=leagues

I agree with both Paulo and HSF, nothing wrong with a physical side but we have been too soft for months. Noticeable that last week against Inverness was only first or second time since our bad run started that we've made more fouls than the opposition.

That table says St Johnstone have more fouls given against them per game than any other team in the league?

That table says St Johnstone have more fouls given against them per game than any other team in the league?

Agree it isn't massively clear but I took 5 minutes to check against the BBC stats from the season and they have Saints committing 272 fouls as well. Complete soft touches this season.

I, for one, hope we kick f**k out of Danny Swanson till he gets sent off for retaliation.

He'll probably dive for a penalty though.

As long as Liam gets to take it

Sent from my iPad using Pie & Bovril

Cagerf

That is fucking ridiculous. If we still need the win next weekend for top 6 then maybe I should work for you and you go to the game given our respective records.

Seriously, you need to listen to RG here. We could start with our mascot up front; if he's wearing St Johnstone kit Souttar will feign an injury early doors to get the f**k out of there.

Xmas time game in 2013 he was being hailed as the next big thing and getting rave reviews. He came on and Stevie May raped and pillaged him on his way to a hat-trick, resulting in Souttar dropping out of the team for much of the rest of the season. Rumour on Tayside was he received counselling to cope with the trauma.

I hope he has his socks over his knees again to show what a superstar footballer he truly is :)

So what when he was 16/17??  and up against Stevie May who is far better than anything you have had since.  He'll stroll it again like he has done every game since he joined us.  A comfortable 2-0 for Hearts. 

So what when he was 16/17??  and up against Stevie May who is far better than anything you have had since.  He'll stroll it again like he has done every game since he joined us.  A comfortable 2-0 for Hearts. 

According to some, Chris Kane is a much better player.

Souttar will be having sleepless nights until Saturday comes IMO.

Hearts win, I don't think St Johnstone are very good this year. Only due to the standards they've set themselves over the last few years.

We weren't very good last year either to be honest!

Souttar is the best CH in Scotland.

He'll be in fine company with the best full back in the country and the best goalkeeper in the country.

Probably how we've managed 15 clean sheets in 29 games.

greggy.png

Tell me you're not comparing a wrongful dismissal to an out of the blue wonder goal to make some sort of point here? :lol:

It was a point about style in response to your fellow Jambo.

Don't get me wrong, for a team to come up from the championship and in all likelihood finish third is a fantastic achievement. I was just saying that Danny Swanson isn't the type of player to run about kicking folk, to constantly waste time, to complain about every decision and surround the ref alongside his teammates at every opportunity.

But every team has their own style and identity, the variety keeps football interesting. To finish top 6 is a big enough positive for a club like Hearts after recent seasons, and I for one salute the achievement.

To do it without the need to spend money they don't have makes it even more impressive.

Agreed. Always nice to see a team come up from the lower leagues and give the regulars a run for their money.

Archived