Hearts v St Johnstone Match Thread

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen us win at Tynie. There was the game where Liam Craig lobbed the keeper. And then the one where Dave Mackay scored a peno in front of the away fans. Those are the only ones I remember.

Just checked and turns out it was the same game those goals came. Enkleman with a stunning penalty save as well, what a away day that was

I was in the Gorgie stand for that game - it was Kello, who was excellent for us, that came for a cross, and Webster headed it clear for Craig to lob home.  Kello was about 12 yeards of his line, and there was some dubiety as to whether he'd shouted for the ball or not.

Medhi Taoull scored a cracking goal to get us back in the game - I think it was Jamie Hamill that missed our pen, the useless c**t that he is.

Fingers crossed.

He caused a fair amount of bother earlier, with old flappy hands Alexander having no idea how to cope with the long throws. With MacLean back to being goalless and Cummins struggling a bit, it seems like the ideal setting for Sutton to get his final chance with us.

Just the 16 clean sheets for flappy hands this season...

Yup, doesnt change the fact any cross at him sees him flapping at it. TBH though, I always felt we got away with quite a lot of contact on him on the opening day

He caused a fair amount of bother earlier, with old flappy hands Alexander having no idea how to cope with the long throws. With MacLean back to being goalless and Cummins struggling a bit, it seems like the ideal setting for Sutton to get his final chance with us.

Our whole back line was all over the place for the first few weeks of the season, that's well and truly behind us. I'd be happy if Sutton lines up against us.

Our whole back line was all over the place for the first few weeks of the season, that's well and truly behind us. I'd be happy if Sutton lines up against us.

You're forgetting you have one of the 13/14 Dundee United players in your ranks now, who turn to jelly at the mere sight of our name

You're forgetting you have one of the 13/14 Dundee United players in your ranks now, who turn to jelly at the mere sight of our name

5 starts for John boy. 5 wins and 0 goals conceded, he's the new Stroller.

Once he sees the glorious Saints marching towards him all the horrors from his past will re-emerge, and he'll shrivel back into his shell

Been to 5 saints games with hearts at Tynecastle, seen us win all 5.

That is fucking ridiculous. If we still need the win next weekend for top 6 then maybe I should work for you and you go to the game given our respective records.

Seriously, you need to listen to RG here. We could start with our mascot up front; if he's wearing St Johnstone kit Souttar will feign an injury early doors to get the f**k out of there.

Xmas time game in 2013 he was being hailed as the next big thing and getting rave reviews. He came on and Stevie May raped and pillaged him on his way to a hat-trick, resulting in Souttar dropping out of the team for much of the rest of the season. Rumour on Tayside was he received counselling to cope with the trauma.

I hope he has his socks over his knees again to show what a superstar footballer he truly is :)

I've never seen us win at tynecastle.. I've gone to all the wrong matches thru there, and that's not even including the 3 semi finals!

First trip thru there was a midweek league cup tie standing on the open terrace behind the goals watching first division Saints get pumped 5-0. Ian Ferguson got a hat trick I think? If you think tynecastle is a shithole now, you should have seen it back then!

Anyway I digress. We should probably have 4 points off the jambos so far this season, but instead have only 1. They are a team who know how to grind out results, and silky total football teams like ourselves will often struggle against such rulebending hammer throwers. Our big game is Wednesday night against (hopefully) the league cup holders so Saturday is practically a friendly.

1-1

Does anyone really think Tynecastle is a "shithole" these days? 

St Johnstone are the biggest bunch of hammer throwers I've seen this season. As long as we stand up to that, our superior skills should shine through  :)

Comfortable Hearts victory (and another five wins in a row).

Archived