Brechin (Lazarus) City vs Albion Rovers

A bit of a contradiction ? 

Considering most of the loan signings at our level are youngsters who are not getting a game at their parent club , yet another contradiction !  Not doing too well here are you ? 

Where's the contradiction

Could you explain why exactly ?   I thought it was the manager's remit to get his team to win as many games as possible ?   4 wins on the trot is not bad going for any manager ..........let alone one who can alledgedly only win against Farfar !!   8)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See what pissed me off yesterday - we win our fourth game on the trot and showed great character to come from behind against a very defensive side, yet at full time only a handful stay behind the applaud the team off the park. Everyone just scuttles away as soon as the ref blows his whistle, happens every week and I find it utterly bizarre!

happens at Forfar too

Would Brechin lose any influential midfielders if this rule was implemented?

Depends how you class youngsters.  As I said the loan signings Brechin and Farfar have made are young lads from other clubs who are getting a chance of first team football and to prove themselves .  If they didn't have this opportunity they would most likely be lost to the game completely .  

If  the rule stated that each club had to play their own home bred youngsters even though the club in question could not afford a youth policy then it would be counter productive as they would struggle to compete with the bigger clubs for the signature of the more talented lads and the youngsters left over would not really be up to the standard required.  

The system at the moment is keeping smaller clubs going without them having the extra expense of youth squads .  it is also helping the bigger clubs by giving the lads valuable game time .  They also reap the benefit of the development fees when the lads progress and move on. 

As for your question , I think you know the answer.  Thankfully though, the authorities know that it benefits more than just the clubs getting the loan players  

Depends how you class youngsters.  As I said the loan signings Brechin and Farfar have made are young lads from other clubs who are getting a chance of first team football and to prove themselves .  If they didn't have this opportunity they would most likely be lost to the game completely .  

If  the rule stated that each club had to play their own home bred youngsters even though the club in question could not afford a youth policy then it would be counter productive as they would struggle to compete with the bigger clubs for the signature of the more talented lads and the youngsters left over would not really be up to the standard required.  

The system at the moment is keeping smaller clubs going without them having the extra expense of youth squads .  it is also helping the bigger clubs by giving the lads valuable game time .  They also reap the benefit of the development fees when the lads progress and move on. 

As for your question , I think you know the answer.  Thankfully though, the authorities know that it benefits more than just the clubs getting the loan players

Bigger clubs get the best youngster ?? If you have decent coaches the not so good youngsters can be coached to get better.

Citydiehard  

You really need to grasp the money issues at our club whilst I do not disagree with your thoughts about bringing thru youngsters it is a costly thing to set up and takes a few years to pay dividends with no guarantees about producing anyone, Look thru the other Angus clubs how much home grown talent have come to their first teams via their youth set ups ? I can only think of Forfar at the moment who may have 1 possibly two that might make it. When Brechin did have their youth set up many moons ago I can think of no players who came thru to play regular first team football. 

Bigger clubs get the best youngster ?? If you have decent coaches the not so good youngsters can be coached to get better.

Why did Ryan Gauld not come to Brechin ? 

Why did John Souttar and his brother not come to Brechin ? 

Why did Ewan Spark not come to Brechin ? 

Because Dundee United cherry picked all the decent local players from the Brechin boys club team with the lure of premier league football.  

Also , if I'm not mistaken,  this was around the time when Michael  O'Neil was Brechin manager.  If he couldn't attract these young lads then I don't know who could.  

Brechin had a youth set up not so long ago but I don't remember any lads breaking through into the main team. That is a huge strain on any club's budget when you get zero return for your investment. That is why Brechin no longer have a youth team. 

Why did Ryan Gauld not come to Brechin ? 

Why did John Souttar and his brother not come to Brechin ? 

Why did Ewan Spark not come to Brechin ? 

Because Dundee United cherry picked all the decent local players from the Brechin boys club team with the lure of premier league football.  

Also , if I'm not mistaken,  this was around the time when Michael  O'Neil was Brechin manager.  If he couldn't attract these young lads then I don't know who could.  

Brechin had a youth set up not so long ago but I don't remember any lads breaking through into the main team. That is a huge strain on any club's budget when you get zero return for your investment. That is why Brechin no longer have a youth team.

If you have good coaches they can coach the not so decent players to become good,so yes it is a shame the best youngsters pick the bigger teams but as ive said before the not so good can be coached better.

If you have good coaches they can coach the not so decent players to become good,so yes it is a shame the best youngsters pick the bigger teams but as ive said before the not so good can be coached better.

In theory that might be correct. Sadly our system doesn't work like that.  Generally the poorer players tend not to get noticed and dwindle into Amateur or Sunday Pub football. 

Good coaches are at a premium and never stay in the lower leagues for long. As we have found many times over the years. 

Archived