Brechin (Lazarus) City vs Albion Rovers

Well who would have thought 3 wins and cleans sheets after the dire mince that has been on show for so much of the season.

Albion rovers have been way a head of us in the previous meetings and the previous one at the Glebe back in October showed so much of what was wrong and then getting cuffed a few weeks ago had us dreaming about fixtures in Montrose and Arbroath.

Pitch will be dry, can we make it 4 out of 4 and be the form team of the league and creep off the bottom for the first time in ages?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 out of 4 would be extraordinary, and I'd love to see Brechin's patience with Darren Dodsmustgo pay off with a great escape, but I don't think they'll win this game. We've beaten Brechin three times already, twice very convincingly. Even with Spence in the team we hammered them last time, scoring more goals in that game (4) than we've scored in the five games since (3).

Gary Fisher will serve a 2-game suspension, so I'd suggest Darren Young gives himself an hour in the next few games. A bit of experience in midfield might be what we're missing. Mark Ferry in holding midfield might be an alternative.

With Airdrie playing Peterhead this weekend, a win here could be enough to put us ahead of our rivals going into what will be the decisive game of the season next weekend at Broomfield. Whatever happens with our play-off rivals, a battling 0-1 will do just fine.

Looking forward to this! Never thought we'd see the day but the team have put in a fair shift these last few weeks.

Play like we have the last few weeks and the points are staying at the Glebe.

2-1 City. Thommo and Watt the scorers.

I see no reason why we can't make it 4 wins in a row. With 3 clean sheets the defence has evidently tightened up and with the addition of Watt and Spence we now look a threat going forward. We need to be winning our home games if we are to stay up.

Albion were streets ahead of us in the 4-1 game at Cliftonhill, athough at least a couple of their goals were aided by some calimitous defending.

After the performance and result against Airdrie it will be interesting to see Watt comes in for.

Ye he seems to drop Tiger a lot which I would nt ! Kp Watt on bench I d say

No chance. As well as we performed last week, for me there is no way Watt shouldn't be starting.

yet the last 3 games he's played in we've had a clean sheet and the defence has been a lot more solid

You're off your head if you think Dodds has made a difference,3 games unbeaten and clean sheets is because the players have realised they could be relegated and got their fingers out of their arses and started to play footballfor a change.Dodds isn't clever enough to do 2 jibs at once.

You're off your head if you think Dodds has made a difference,3 games unbeaten and clean sheets is because the players have realised they could be relegated and got their fingers out of their arses and started to play footballfor a change.Dodds isn't clever enough to do 2 jibs at once.

well the only change made in the defence is him coming in and we've not conceded a goal since. How do you know how clever he is ? This coming from some one who can't spell his name correctly

You really don't like him do you ?  

i suggest you challenge him to a square go to settle this once and for all. 

Archived