Shire vs Clyde

If your talking about the penalty when the wee 10 went down then that was never a penalty in a month of Sunday's.

Made things harder for ourselves today but 3 points is all that matters.

Absolute scenes for the 3rd and 4th goals!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If your talking about the penalty when the wee 10 went down then that was never a penalty in a month of Sunday's.

Made things harder for ourselves today but 3 points is all that matters.

Absolute scenes for the 3rd and 4th goals!

I wasn't

Both offsides looked offside although it's harder to say from behind the goal.

If your boy was close to Waters(again hard to say from my position but he did look close) then it's a foul to prevent the keeper releasing the ball from his hands.

Enjoyed that today, a bizzare and entertaining game. Two cracking finishes from Higgins who's finally showing his class. Great work from Gormley as well, particularly for the fourth goal. Bolo was a bit dodgy today but with Marsh suspended for Tuesday night, it was good to give Marko/Andrews a rest. A great hit from Faulds for Shire's second goal.

Not the best performance but plenty of effort and a welcome three points. Still a long shot but it's great to be fighting for the title at this stage. I can't ever knock the guys who turn up to watch East Stirlingshire. There may not be many of them but for all the misfortune that their club has suffered over the years, fair play to the fans who go along.

Looking forward to Tuesday night now!

Ok, please explain, you wondered what our home support would be like if we were play off certainties?

Are we not already, never mind in with a tremendous chance of winning the league?

Playoff to avoid relegation...

Good grief this is painful.. 😔

Playoff to avoid relegation...

Good grief this is painful.. 😔

for what it is worth I hope the shire stay up any time I see them at least the play a good style of football and always willing to attack as for slagging off their fans we should know what it is like to watch a team struggle at the bottom at least and that has only been for three or four years credit the guys who go to games

Important win giving the scores in other games in our league. Shire should have been in front even early than the first with Marsh getting back to clear off the line. They had far too much time in space for their first goal which was something that continued for the rest of the game. Great to get the equaliser so soon but difficult to see from behind the goal.

Second half and it was too good finishes from Higgins but Gormley done well to set him up both times especially the second when he picked the ball up on the halfway line and beat two Shire players to play in Higgins.

Shire had the ball in the net 5 times with two for offside which again was difficult to tell from behind the goal. I missed the goal from the Waters clearance and just looked up in time to see the ball hit the back of the net.

Felt the defence was poor today and Waters came rushing off his line a few times when I felt he didn't have to. Marsh was having a good game up until the red card which was a daft challenge. Millen also impressed me as did Gormley and Higgins.

Anyone know why Gemmell was missing?

Bigger crowd than the recent midweek game due mainly to increase in Clyde fans in attendance. Didn't look any more than 60 Shire fans in their section of the stand. I 'Lloyd be sorry to see the Shire drop out of the league and especially so if replaced by a Highland League side.

As for the game our defence seemed really shaky . Gormley drives me mad with his unnecessary diving but his work rate is superb and how he managed to make that fourth goal was breathtaking.

394 according to bbc when a midweek game had same. Aye ok.

I'll be honest, I didn't think there were many more there today. Certainly not behind the goal or in our half of the stand.

On the referee, I thought he was fairly consistent in letting a lot go today and he deserves a lot of credit for the game being so open. I can't comment on any of the offsides in the first half but I did think at the time we might've been lucky with the one where Waters kicked it against Wright's back. All comes down to whether he actually blocked him or whether he'd turned away by that point. Certainly, blocking a kick-out deliberately is an indirect free kick.

I thought it was a crazily open game today, I dread to think how many chances both teams actually had. East Stirlingshire were almost entirely different to the last two matches, with four quick moving players up front/out wide. It was intelligent, as we struggled throughout the game to deal with their pace, whilst we particularly struggled in the second half in the space between Linton/Smith. Not sure why they were leaving so many men forward at corner kicks though as it just opened up space for our bigger players to get a run on their markers and we had three clear chances from such situations.

Marsh had a poor start; misjudged a long ball in the first minute to give them a clear run at goal (did recover well to block on the line) and then seemed to be out of position when they did score. First goal was a clear own goal by the Shire player from a Linton long throw, the second was class; a good ball wide to Linton and a great cross to pick out McLaughlin. ES will feel they could've had more goals (Marsh in particular did well covering on a number of occasions) but I thought we were much the better side and should've had more than the two we did get.

Second half was nervy and Waters did well to save a one-on-one before we scored a great third goal; a bit of passing at the back then a long ball forward to Gormley who nodded into the path of Higgins. Then ES got one back with a great strike following the red card; quite why we persisted with three at the back, with Durie as a centre half, is beyond me but changed soon after. Great play by Gormley to set up the fourth; not quite as good as the Linton goal against Elgin but not far off it!

Waters made a couple of great saves as is the norm but his kicking almost cost us two bizarre goals and I thought his pass to Marsh before the red card was rubbish as well. No arguments about that decision incidentally. Back three were shaky throughout and ES exploited space in behind and out wide well. Decent performances in midfield and up front.

Really important we win on Tuesday to all but seal the play-off spot.

Archived