Hearts Stadium Development

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the new stand isn't ready and Murrayfield is out of commission - couldn't Hearts' home games be played at Hampden in an emergency? Obviously be a pisser for Hearts fans but it could hold everyone that needs to be there and it wouldn't need any additional setup..

4 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Out of interest has there been any feesback regarding the half grass/synthetic pitch from the players at Murrayfield? Think there is chat of us going for something similar.

Not heard anything from the players but it looked immaculate when we played Aberdeen.  Had the bounce and run like a full grass pitch as well.

4 minutes ago, Swello said:

If the new stand isn't ready and Murrayfield is out of commission - couldn't Hearts' home games be played at Hampden in an emergency? Obviously be a pisser for Hearts fans but it could hold everyone that needs to be there and it wouldn't need any additional setup..

Queens Park might have something to say there?

Not heard anything from the players but it looked immaculate when we played Aberdeen.  Had the bounce and run like a full grass pitch as well.

Really seems to be the best of both worlds tbh, Im hopeing it catches on up here as personally speaking I feel full 'plastic' pitches cheapens our league.

1 hour ago, LincolnHearts said:

A few bitter Killie fans (which is unusual btw) so not sure who has pissed on their chips. Would probably only bring 2 or 3 hundred fans anyway.

FWIW I think the game will go ahead as scheduled.

Maybe folk have made plans for the game to go ahead as planned? I for one have a hotel booked as we planned to make a weekend of it. I know going by our forums that others had done the same.

I don't see what the number of fans travelling has to do with it? You rarely take more than 700-800 to RP yourselves.

For the record, we sold out our allocation in our only visit last year and that was midweek between Christmas and New Year.

27 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Maybe folk have made plans for the game to go ahead as planned? I for one have a hotel booked as we planned to make a weekend of it. I know going by our forums that others had done the same.

I don't see what the number of fans travelling has to do with it? You rarely take more than 700-800 to RP yourselves.

For the record, we sold out our allocation in our only visit last year and that was midweek between Christmas and New Year.

This is why I stated that any further delay would need to be announced pronto. Pretty sure that Mrs Budge would recompense any Killie fans who would be out of pocket too.

55 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Really seems to be the best of both worlds tbh, Im hopeing it catches on up here as personally speaking I feel full 'plastic' pitches cheapens our league.

We had one of them when we moved into TFS in 2005. Wear and tear didnt seem any better though than a normal pitch to be honest.

Archived