Frightening where the tartan army think we stand at the moment

Guest DAVIDB69

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And I then went on to explain how that was still a good result and that he changed it at half time.

I can understand criticism of Strachan, I think some people take it way to far though, we are Scotland after all, I don't understand people criticising the supporters that were SUPPORTING him and the team in Faro though. It's a no sense.

Well I don't understand why you don't understand it.

I'm more critical of the clowns who sang his name after the Gibraltar game than I am of the man himself. He deserved no support and certainly no acclaim after a failed campaign.

Utterly mindless nonsense from the supporters, that reinforced Strachan's vaulting sense of self.

Well I don't understand why you don't understand it.I'm more critical of the clowns who sang his name after the Gibraltar game than I am of the man himself. He deserved no support and certainly no acclaim after a failed campaign.Utterly mindless nonsense from the supporters, that reinforced Strachan's vaulting sense of self.

He deserved no support after messing up one game? Have a word with yourself ffs, that is 'utterly mindless nonsense' you're speaking right there.

We're fucking Scotland fans not OF fans. Get a grip.

He deserved no support after messing up one game? Have a word with yourself ffs, that is 'utterly mindless nonsense' you're speaking right there.

He deserved no support, let alone humiliating adulation, after a campaign in which we failed miserably. Georgia away was obviously calamitous, but it's not as if the others were fantastic.

We hobbled along with decent results in the first half of the campaign, sometimes riding our luck. We stumbled badly in the second half of it, as our luck dwindled a little.

I know we don't have stacks of alternatives, so a case can be made for sticking with Strachan. He should not be treated with reverence and showered with praise though, because he's demonstrably failed to earn it.

I can't believe that anyone is actually suggesting that singing his name was appropriate. What losers.

He deserved no support, let alone humiliating adulation, after a campaign in which we failed miserably. Georgia away was obviously calamitous, but it's not as if the others were fantastic.We hobbled along with decent result in the first half of the campaign, sometimes riding our luck. We stumbled badly in the second half of it, as our luck dwindled a little.I know we don't have stacks of alternatives, so a case can be made for sticking with Strachan. He should not be treated with reverence and showered with praise though, because he's demonstrably failed to earn it.I can't believe that anyone is actually suggesting that singing his name was appropriate. What losers.

Aye fans supporting the team and manager are the losers in this situation. It was ONE bad result, we are Scotland, were the 4th pot team for a reason.

1st pot team, the World Champions, we took 0 points.

2nd pot team we took 2, never gave them any.

3rd pot team we took 4 from 6.

5th pot team we took 3 from 6.

6th pot, 6 from 6.

The only failure in that list is the points we took off the 5th point team. That's the fine margins we go by when supporting Scotland, we need to be almost perfect to get through group stages due to the team and players we have and where we are in rankings/pots.

He's not being showered with praise, he has been criticised like I've said. But to criticise people for supporting him and the players in Gibraltar is a total joke, they people are clearly the losers in this situation.

I recon you will be 1st on PB slating ginger nut after he loses 1st 3 qualifying games. WGS is acting in the same manner as that numpty levien, it's f.ucking hard viewing listening to the miserable we c**t

I recon you will be 1st on PB slating ginger nut after he loses 1st 3 qualifying games. WGS is acting in the same manner as that numpty levien, it's f.ucking hard viewing listening to the miserable we c**t

I don't think it matters who's in charge for WC qualifying.

It's no happening.

Aye fans supporting the team and manager are the losers in this situation. It was ONE bad result, we are Scotland, were the 4th pot team for a reason.

1st pot team, the World Champions, we took 0 points.

2nd pot team we took 2, never gave them any.

3rd pot team we took 4 from 6.

5th pot team we took 3 from 6.

6th pot, 6 from 6.

The only failure in that list is the points we took off the 5th point team. That's the fine margins we go by when supporting Scotland, we need to be almost perfect to get through group stages due to the team and players we have and where we are in rankings/pots.

He's not being showered with praise, he has been criticised like I've said. But to criticise people for supporting him and the players in Gibraltar is a total joke, they people are clearly the losers in this situation.

"They people"?

Jesus, that's the level of debate here.

Ireland's performance over the campaign was miles from being perfect, but they qualified.

You're such an apologist.

1320Litchtie must be related to Strachan.  There's absolutely no way someone not related would stick up for someone else that much. Strachan made a fucking pigs cock of qualifying, finishing below a Martin O'Neill-led South Ireland.  That's a sackable offence in itself IMO.

"They people"?Jesus, that's the level of debate here.Ireland's performance over the campaign was miles from being perfect, but they qualified.You're such an apologist.

Aye instead of picking up 4 points off us they took 4 off Germany.

'Miles from being perfect'

Aye instead of picking up 4 points off us they took 4 off Germany.

'Miles from being perfect'

Yes, miles from perfect. They only got one point from us for instance.

What they and Poland did was establish that Germany were not invincible or close to it, yet we rejoiced in only losing narrowly to them twice.

We would only have needed to have done a little better to have qualified. We failed though, under a bloke who you think deserves to have his name sung in praise.

Quite ludicrous.

Yes, miles from perfect. They only got one point from us for instance.What they and Poland did was establish that Germany were not invincible or close to it, yet we rejoiced in only losing narrowly to them twice.We would only have needed to have done a little better to have qualified. We failed though, under a bloke who you think deserves to have his name sung in praise.Quite ludicrous.

There's no point saying anything more to be honest, Germany aren't invincible but they'd beat us comfortably 9 times out of 10. We got exactly what we expected from them, the failure was in Georgia.

You're better off on the Bralt mate.

There's no point saying anything more to be honest, Germany aren't invincible but they'd beat us comfortably 9 times out of 10. We got exactly what we expected from them, the failure was in Georgia.

You're better off on the Bralt mate.

I meet more sense over there.

I don't say that lightly.

I for one didn't rejoice at getting beat narrowly by that Germany team. England just showed them up just now. Need to go for it against England. No more lying down to the big teams. It has never worked. We always loose 1 more goal than intended trying to be hard to beat.

We seem to have this belief that the big gun won't drop a point, therefore a spirited defeat is quite good.

The reality is that although that happens sometimes - Spain did it in one of our groups - it's actually relatively rare. Usually, the big sides slip somewhere, just not generally against us.

Guest DAVIDB69

In a taxi last night and the driver thought we were making progress going places etc as well

I asked him why he thought that he didn't give any real answer though

he might aswell keep his job cuase f**k knows who else could do it better ( that wants it anyway)

that last campaign was shite, lets forget about amatuer gibralter who lost every game for a minuit. against professional oppisition we managed two 1-0 wins at home and two draws away. thats pish

some of these tartan army mongs were cheering irelands late equalizer against poland becuase "it keeps us in for 2nd" when any fuckin idiot could see that we needed ireland to get beat and keep them away from us.

The other night we beat czech in a friendly with a squad average age of 29, 35 year old on the bench? wtf is that all about? set up to win and boost morale? where were the young untested players who should be getting broken in and new formations tried?

if he tries to use the same squad for the world cup we'l be lucky to finish 3rd 

I can't be arsed with Scotland at the moment or the element of our support that seems to accept failure so easily. We should have got a play off at the least especially after position we got ourselves in with the results against Ireland. That we didn't is criminal. We are the Hibs of international football.

I'm hoping my enthusiasm returns for the World Cup qualifiers but hard to see that as anything other than another campaign where we will end up not having qualified

Archived