Play off shoo-ins vs The Blue Behemoth, April 2nd

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not like BT or sky who have to appear impartial, it's aimed at fans of one club.

I get that and I've said so.

Do fans really want a commentary quite that devoid of objectivity though?

I certainly wouldn't. It would irritate and embarrass me, but then I'm not the sort of guy that supports Rangers I suppose.

I get that and I've said so. Do fans really want a commentary quite that devoid of objectivity though? I certainly wouldn't. It would irritate and embarrass me, but then I'm not the sort of guy that supports Rangers I suppose.

So Monkey, what's your plan for GTF Day?  Will you come back to the top flight with us or stay here with your team?  Not that we'll have any shortage of shining wits in the Premiership, of course.

I get that and I've said so.

Do fans really want a commentary quite that devoid of objectivity though?

I certainly wouldn't. It would irritate and embarrass me, but then I'm not the sort of guy that supports Rangers I suppose.

Don't watch it then or turn the sound off if it bothers you that much.

Well done Rovers on getting that play-off spot. It's nice to see all the Fife teams apart from Cowden heading in the right direction. Seems like things are coming together for McKinnon after taking while to find his feet. Some parallels with Naysmith at East Fife.

I know the Premiership play-offs are significantly stacked against the team finishing 4th but Rovers have to be quietly confident of having a right good go at it with the form they're on?

The squad that we have just now are more than capable but I wouldn't want to make any bold predictions.

Good to see EF going well too. Hope they finish the job off.

Well done Rovers on getting that play-off spot. It's nice to see all the Fife teams apart from Cowden heading in the right direction. Seems like things are coming together for McKinnon after taking while to find his feet. Some parallels with Naysmith at East Fife.

I know the Premiership play-offs are significantly stacked against the team finishing 4th but Rovers have to be quietly confident of having a right good go at it with the form they're on?

Just noticed East Fife are 4 points clear at the top of the league. Hopefully they can see it through and win the league.

So Monkey, what's your plan for GTF Day?  Will you come back to the top flight with us or stay here with your team?  Not that we'll have any shortage of shining wits in the Premiership, of course.

Depends what happens to the Rangers section I suppose, but of course I'll stay put for Queens.

I may grace the odd match thread in the top flight if you lose.

The irony of The Rangers' response to the BBC: 

The club have responded by insisting the move was made to ensure "fairness" from the broadcaster.

Rangers said: "This is about balance and fairness."

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

No, the BBC are not banned.

But BBC employee Chris McLaughlin is banned and the BBC, in standing by their employee, have started a boycott.

You couldn't make it up. Wee Rangers standing up to the might of the BBC citing balance and fairness as the reason.

Joke.

But BBC employee Chris McLaughlin is banned and the BBC, in standing by their employee, have started a boycott.

You couldn't make it up. Wee Rangers standing up to the might of the BBC citing balance and fairness as the reason.

Joke.

It's entirely in-keeping with everything the club is about.

What a way to piss on a parade  :thumsup2

Given the potential outcome and the deflation of missing a penalty, the team showed incredible spirit to battle away and got the reward in the end. 

Rangers will still go on to win the league but yesterday showed that as a team they still have some major flaws and remain a million miles away from being a top force in scottish football.

As for biased commentary - The RaithTV guys have always struck me as always being objective and really quite knowledgeable when it comes to our opponents. They do tend to go apeshit when the Rovers score though. 

What a way to piss on a parade :thumsup2

Given the potential outcome and the deflation of missing a penalty, the team showed incredible spirit to battle away and got the reward in the end.

Rangers will still go on to win the league but yesterday showed that as a team they still have some major flaws and remain a million miles away from being a top force in scottish football.

As for biased commentary - The RaithTV guys have always struck me as always being objective and really quite knowledgeable when it comes to our opponents. They do tend to go apeshit when the Rovers score though.

Of course they do, they're dyed in the wool Raith fans! The opener was a fookin belter! You don't expect them to celebrate that though on RTV surely!?

Aye we've got our weaknesses, but talk about being far off a 'top force' in La Scotia Liga is f*ckin ridiculous !

Every game and every result will be a battle home and away next season. Every team will be 'full on up for it' playing us, including C*ltic.

The attention on a new club who haven't won f*ck all will be astounding!!

Honestly can't believe people are trying to have a go at Rangers commentators for this. It's the clubs own tv channel what do you expect? If it was Hibs tv I'd be fully expecting them to be bias as f**k towards us.

I tend to agree. Few years ago the match reports on our own website were very biased.

Fury over nothing.

Archived